Seneca seneca levels after all this rain

Got a lot of friends in the area working DOT/highway crews and Fire / EMS - it's a real mess between Seneca and Cayuga lakes in Seneca county.

From the Seneca Lake Pure Waters Association :

If you haven’t done so already, please check and secure your docks, boats, rafts, paddle boards ect. The lake is still rising from the rainfall - about 8” in less than 6 hours according to the lake level gauge in Geneva.

39120547_2083355678363547_8432221945486901248_n.jpg

Significant debris and pollution at Lodi Point.  The State boat ramp is barely visible.  A very sad situation for those impacted.  Here is a link to some more aerials.

https://twitter.com/FLXJosh/status/1029415478433857536/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1029415478433857536&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ffingerlakes1.com%2F2018%2F08%2F14%2Fupdate-mandatory-evacuations-lodi-state-of-emergency%2F

Dkk2NEdXcAAjN9G.jpg

A lot of serious debris floating out on the lake right now (friend said propane tank another said shed roof etc.) so a lot of care will be needed if anyone goes out there in near future. Depending on wind direction/velociies the stuff could end up miles from there too.

I'm considering taking the boat out there in the next few days to drag any floating debris I can find back to shore.  Just have to see which launches will be open.  I'm thinking maybe Sampson or Watkins.  Anyone have any input on whether this might be a good idea?  Just want to help the lake.

• Like 1

Based in Sampson’s Facebook page it appears they’re open.

That said I think I’m delaying my trip by a day or two to try and let things settle out, sounds like I’ll need to be pretty cautious next week when I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2