Hunting camp

bout time

I acquired a new piece of land to hunt (85 acres). It came with a “hunting camper”. I was given rights to do whatever was needed to make it “livable”. So far it’s been an advantage but I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Did the ceiling and walls today, ripped out the flooring, will paint and new floor tomorrow.

Wondering what pics everyone else has of their hunting campers.

IMG_1075.JPGIMG_1072.JPGIMG_1085.JPGIMG_1087.JPGIMG_1089.JPGIMG_1090.JPGIMG_1096.JPGIMG_1099.JPGIMG_1100.JPG

‘Bout Time

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

My dad and I finally bought a new to us trailer for the property we hunt. Got a great deal on it. Driving back and forth was really starting to wear on us, especially my 75 year old father. It was in great shape and didn’t need to do anything major like yourself bout time- you did a outstanding job! Only thing we did was rip out the dinette which stuck out way to far and built a bed in its place. We have a fold down table that we put on the bed while traveling. IMG_1488.JPGIMG_1490.JPGIMG_1493.PNGIMG_1616.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Nice campers! I’m considering taking ours to camp this year. What do you guys use for heat? RV furnace? How long does your battery last or do you bring a generator? Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nice campers! I’m considering taking ours to camp this year. What do you guys use for heat? RV furnace? How long does your battery last or do you bring a generator? Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

For heat I use a Buddy Heater and an old Coleman Tent heater (dome type). I don’t have power at the trailer and just use the lantern for light. I do however have a small 1500 Honda generator that I bring as emergency backup should I need it

‘Bout Time
Mike
  • Like 1

Thanks guys regarding the question about heat.  We don't have power where we hunt, so I might try my battery / RV furnace blower and see how long it will last, only using it for sleeping.  Will prob bring a back-up battery and also run my truck from time to time to charge the battery.  I also have a Big Buddy heater I can use and my camper has a good CO detector.