Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mgagz5

Season right around the corner

Hey guys, quick question...... was wondering how early most of you guys start hitting the big pond for browns. I can’t take the anticipation much longer to get back out there. I mainly fish Oswego and I’m planning to make my first trip up mid March, weather permitting of course. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When the ice is gone, fishing is on

• Like 1

I like 39.5°F on the surface with 3 or 4' of visibility in teal colored water. What will the calendar say at that time..........who knows! 

p.s' I'm dying too!

• Like 1

as soon as you can get a boat in safely. 

• Like 1

As song dog said that teal colored water is the best fishing if you cannot find it fish the muddy water you will find both are warmer the clear water and way better fishing . Fish tight to shore with stick bats just of bottom and you should find some browns .Last year went 19 for 21 on browns 2nd weak of April out of Oswego  in the teal water it was 4 to 6 degrees warmer then the clear water .

• Like 2

You can fish it all year and have success. Problem is when they plow in the ramps and create ice shelves. Someone was out there Saturday. My first trip is scheduled for the 9th. Big boat goes in on the 22nd. Can't come soon enough!

• Like 1

Is there good brown trout fishing on the west end near olcott , Wilson and near the niagara outflow?   Or is the best fishing for browns more east toward Oswego? 

11 hours ago, wet the net said:

Is there good brown trout fishing on the west end near olcott , Wilson and near the niagara outflow?   Or is the best fishing for browns more east toward Oswego? 

There is good BT fishing up there. The Niagara puts out enough color.

• Like 1

I can only speak for the Oswego and Mexico bay areas for that’s where I always fish. The brow trout fishing is phenomenal. Good luck this year man.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.