The wrong way to coyote hunt

RUNNIN REBEL

Lighting Up the Night - Monroe County
In the early morning hours on Feb. 16, ECO Spencer Noyes observed a wide red spotlight scanning the fields and emanating from a pickup truck slowly driving on a rural road in the town of Hamlin. Noyes had recently received complaints of spotlighting and people shooting from the road in the area. Noyes followed the truck and pulled it over after the driver failed to stop at a stop sign. Inside the truck the ECO found five unsecured rifles, three spotlights, and multiple sets of shooting sticks. The driver admitted that he and his passenger were spotlighting to hunt coyotes from the truck. ECO Noyes issued multiple tickets for possessing an unsecured firearm while spotlighting and hunting with the aid of a motor vehicle. The charges are returnable to Town of Hamlin Court in March.

hunting rifles and gear lined up in the back of a truck

Unsecured firearms found in truck

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Lighting Up the Night - Monroe County
In the early morning hours on Feb. 16, ECO Spencer Noyes observed a wide red spotlight scanning the fields and emanating from a pickup truck slowly driving on a rural road in the town of Hamlin. Noyes had recently received complaints of spotlighting and people shooting from the road in the area. Noyes followed the truck and pulled it over after the driver failed to stop at a stop sign. Inside the truck the ECO found five unsecured rifles, three spotlights, and multiple sets of shooting sticks. The driver admitted that he and his passenger were spotlighting to hunt coyotes from the truck. ECO Noyes issued multiple tickets for possessing an unsecured firearm while spotlighting and hunting with the aid of a motor vehicle. The charges are returnable to Town of Hamlin Court in March.

eco022719005.jpg&key=b0f9de5c53a7b6f894a73adfc782e13e35bcf0c5da78fab5a291fe26e9a84dd7

Unsecured firearms found in truck

Jerry
RUNNIN REBEL
Any names attached to this report? I'm wondering what local it is...

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

18 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Yet? Waiting for a cormorant season? I think more guys will buy licenses if it happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I AM getting a bit long in the tooth!

I hunted in my late teens and early twenties in eastern southern tier, I had access to a lot of private land, a loaner shotgun, and a landlord who had a freezer I could use.  When I moved back to Monroe County, I had only the public land (and Stid Hill and High Tor get “slightly” crowded LOL), no firearm, no freezer, and VERY limited financial resources.  As I got older and my bank account grew to where I could afford to go, my job responsibilities and family got in the way, and I had also developed a great liking for fall steelhead fishing, which at least used to peak during southern tier deer season.  I have since become involved in an organization that leases a large chunk of ground in the Tug Hill (not to mention the huge amount of state and county land that is available for hunting up there), I have more time as I am retired, and fall steelhead fishing has been less than stellar.  The main thing slowing me down now is acquiring all the necessary gear, and I made the incorrect assumption that because my wife used to hunt, she would have no problem with me keeping firearms in the house.  SO when I find a solution to that obstacle, I’ll get back out up north and maybe even try some of the spots I’ve learned about over the years here in WNY.

A shag season might tip the scales in my favor, I hear they are even better than planked merganser or Driving Park Salmon!!!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't take this wrong, I think as many cormorants you can take out the better, they are way out of control and I have seen the damage they can do but with all the anti hunting and animal rights people out there seeing us kill them it makes us out to be the bad guys. The DEC let  them get out of control and should be the ones getting the BAD press for killing them. Think about how many guys got hammered on this sight alone for killing crows or coyotes or wood chucks, please by all means kill as many cormorants as possible, I will also. but be ready to take the heat. its not aways about killing for food its some times for population control, like it or not.

6 hours ago, Norm Moser said:

Don't take this wrong, I think as many cormorants you can take out the better, they are way out of control and I have seen the damage they can do but with all the anti hunting and animal rights people out there seeing us kill them it makes us out to be the bad guys. The DEC let  them get out of control and should be the ones getting the BAD press for killing them. Think about how many guys got hammered on this sight alone for killing crows or coyotes or wood chucks, please by all means kill as many cormorants as possible, I will also. but be ready to take the heat. its not aways about killing for food its some times for population control, like it or not.

The guys did not so much get hammered for killing crows or coyotes or wood chucks. They got hammered for boasting about it.

Edited by rolmops

Hammered lol, what a joke. I enjoy hunting coyotes. I don’t care what others think about it, their approval is meaningless.
Hunting and fishing are a passion for me and my family. Video games and Facebook are a much bigger issue in this country but to each his own.
This site is dedicated to sharing and celebrating something we love. It won’t go away or be diminished by some panty waste leftist whiners.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

First it’s coyotes, crows and squirrels. Next it’s a pile of perch and bluegills. Eventually a steak on a dinner plate. Fight the madness.
Life is a buffet. Enjoy what you like. Avoid what you don’t like. Embrace your passions.

• Like 1

Whaler, don,t take what I said wrong I am 100% on the same side. I hunt and fish also I hunt coyotes, and shot more then a few chucks but the DEC is setting us up to be the bad guys. you know what this is going to look like when it gets on the news, ask the DEC why they stopped Destroying the cormorant eggs and nests, it was because of the pressure they got from animal rights people and there big money backers and the news. I am on your side and will kill as many cormorants as I can, just tired of hunting getting a bad rap let the DEC take the heat .

Norm I have no issue with you or your post, sorry if I gave you that impression.
I will never apologize for loving to hunt and fish and will to continue to celebrate it. We will never give up our rights to our sport and a lot of the left wing dribble is simply that.