Owasco Owasco 5-27 evening shakedown

Hit the lake this evening in my pontoon retrofitted with rod holders as I wait for my truck to get out of the shop. Man its comfortable trolling! Four rod holders...2 cores and a copper. Ran east to see if my sunday walleye spots produced. For eyes they didnt, but eater browns were plentiful and kept me busy on short cores. Every point seemed to hold them, caught 6, fought more, all cookie cutter grilles, kept a couple for the grill. Lakers up high in the column too, cought a couple, kept one for a buddy. Great sunset, almost time to pick up and board goes screaming and I mean screaming.........got the copper in so I could work the core board,  board off and fish goes screaming again....no jump....hmmmmmm, ....oh crap.....I have no net! Chaos for a bit.....but brought a great brown to hand over 28. Typical long owasco fighting machine....great fight and a great night!

20200527_212202.jpg

20200527_205542.jpg

20200527_211941.jpg

20200527_205329.jpg

20200527_210338.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah, bait plentiful. Starting to show up tight. Depends what you want, Lakers through the column now, silvers.....stay high if you troll, or drift alewife. Eyes stay high too, target the hooks under bait, get a nice rainbow surprise in that zone also. If you go, reach out, I’ll help ya out. Like any pond, she fishes great on some days and slow on others, but the variety is great, never know what your gonna get.

• Like 1

I fished there for a few years in the early 90's. Liked it a lot. Thought it held more fish per acre than the bigger waters. Will definitely reach out if I decide to hit it again. Thank you very much and continued good luck to you. 

I run lead core, coupled with spoons or sticks, short cores which are 3-5 colors. Works great early. When bait comes in, they will start to gorge at night making them less active during the day. I used to run worm harness along weed lines and you still could but the population is not what it once was. During late summer, I’ll adjust core and copper to get under the clouds of bait.....do this by looking at depth of bait on finder, calculate your speed and drop of your core and copper so your at a depth just under it. Colors don’t seem to matter, but natural alewife looking baits will always take hits as it’s the core forage.

Line counter with copper, count colors with core. I have my core on counters too and my colors are faded so I keep numbers on my color sets. Good luck. Be patient, and when you find em, don’t leave them.....circle until the bite shuts down.

Hey guys, really stupid question. I have LOU Finger Lakes discussion in my favorites and I look forward to clicking on it every morning. I told my buddy to put the finger lakes discussion on his favorites, bur he can't find just the finger lakes link. I have it.... just can't tell him how to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - I, too have some great memories on Owasco a few years back.  Fished it a few times last year but we seemed to be out of the groove.  Haven't been out this year as my son is battling some medical issues.  I may have an opportunity to get out with my father on Tuesday out of Emerson Park.  If anyone could point us in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. Sean