New layer- Available on St. Lawrence River

I generated maps using Sonar Chart, submitting meticulously created sonar logs and the result was a unique, detailed chart similar to, but nowhere as good as this.  I found shoals not detailed on any chart before, and I know it produced fish for me, many for friends, and for those who stalked us.

This looks like a game changer for sure! Especially if you're a hunter who's always on the prowl looking for new areas and untapped fish. I've been critical in the past of Navionics on the river because of missing detail, but that appears to have been improved. Need to look closer in my area before I pull the trigger.

Also, they offer a rebate if you have an older version of Nav+ which will soften the blow a little.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 10:20 PM, jlrjoz said:

I downloaded this app and didn’t realize it was an overlay option.   15$ /year looks like I may keep this on my phone 

Best value in fishing/boating out there! Your app is sharable across all your device as well so if you have a tablet, you can do a lot of planning at home! And it works across different platforms as well e.g. if you have a Samsung Android phone and an Apple i-Pad.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, FishHardDave said:

If you have an i-Phone at the Apple App Store or if you have an Android then the Google Play Store!

Thank you Dave. Guess I'm tech dumb, cant figure out how to get this on my laptop, Android phone or tablet. 

What are things like in the SLR with the border lock down? Have they been strict about the border line?

I have heard that they are being very strict in the Niagara River. I understand that fishing is not allowed across the border (either direction) even with a fishing license and passport or enhanced driver's license. I,m not sure but I think they are allowing boaters to cross the line if it is needed to navigate safely between points. But there could be an issue if you stop on the other side of the line or maybe even drift or slightly cross while fishing. I would think that in some areas in the islands, it might be even more of a headache.

7 hours ago, Doug N said:

Thank you Dave. Guess I'm tech dumb, cant figure out how to get this on my laptop, Android phone or tablet. 

If you have an Android phone or tablet just go to the Google Play store and search for Navionics Boating. It is not something that you can get on your laptop! You can look at the Navionics charts on the Free Chart Viewer on the Navionics website but the new layers aren't there!

5 hours ago, muskiedreams said:

What are things like in the SLR with the border lock down? Have they been strict about the border line?

I have heard that they are being very strict in the Niagara River. I understand that fishing is not allowed across the border (either direction) even with a fishing license and passport or enhanced driver's license. I,m not sure but I think they are allowing boaters to cross the line if it is needed to navigate safely between points. But there could be an issue if you stop on the other side of the line or maybe even drift or slightly cross while fishing. I would think that in some areas in the islands, it might be even more of a headache.

They are enforcing the border shutdown. Saw the border patrol on the US side and Canadian side but I was no where near the border so they didn't bother me. My understanding is the within a certain distance of the border it is considered international waters so if you are strictly travel through, I don't believe that it is an issue but if you are fishing on the wrong side then you'll get a visit!