Went out from 6:30 PM - 8:00 for a quick troll. Set up in 160 and trolled north to 220. Surface 65, temp down 100 was 59 the whole time, only saw a few marks. Picked up a steelhead on a 4 color with a DW blue jaguar and lake O claimed my offshore board before i could pick up my 6 rod set up and turn around to find it. Rainbow pulled it under and popped the board off. Enjoy the board if you find it! Trolling 2.2-3.0 and the current was ripping down at 100. If you are looking for cold water and kings, i suggest you take a ride out deep > 250, good luck

Went 300 -450 last night. Braddocks area. 4/10. Long copper off the boards were hot. 3 dipseys as fired. Riggers slow.

Nothing on meat. Hit a steelhead on a 4 color with an orange spoon.

Green and black spoons took the king's.

Water was 48 degrees 100 ft down over 400.

My son friend caught his first salmon.
Great night. Saw two other boats out.

My son lost a monster at the end of the night. Screamer. Gone. That was a bummer. But exciting!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Great_Laker said:

Went out from 6:30 PM - 8:00 for a quick troll. Set up in 160 and trolled north to 220. Surface 65, temp down 100 was 59 the whole time, only saw a few marks. Picked up a steelhead on a 4 color with a DW blue jaguar and lake O claimed my offshore board before i could pick up my 6 rod set up and turn around to find it. Rainbow pulled it under and popped the board off. Enjoy the board if you find it! Trolling 2.2-3.0 and the current was ripping down at 100. If you are looking for cold water and kings, i suggest you take a ride out deep > 250, good luck

Just out of curiosity, what was the speed at the ball compared to your top trolling speed? With that ripping current,,, I am looking at biting the bullet and buying a fishhawk

3 hours ago, seeyawader said:

Just out of curiosity, what was the speed at the ball compared to your top trolling speed? With that ripping current,,, I am looking at biting the bullet and buying a fishhawk

Speed on surface was 1.9 and speed at ball 100' down was 3.1 on a north troll. Without one you would have no idea what kind of action your spoons are having down at 100' if there is a current. Do you need one, no, but they are helpful

7 hours ago, Offshore IV said:

How did you lose your board? Perhaps some of the newer members can learn what not to do lol

If you use the regular pinch pad clips that come with the offshore boards and a fish takes out line, the board can dive under the water and easily disconnects your line if you don't wrap it around the clip a couple times. If you add on the OR16 clip it has a pin in the middle of the pinch pad that helps prevent the line from coming out of the clip, i was not using these types of clips and when the steelhead dove down, the board went under and came off the line. With a 6 rod spread and reeling in the fish it took us a while to turn around to find the board. By then the glare from the sunset and the waves made it very hard to find. I like offshore boards but i prefer my planer board mast and wooden planers which you don't have to worry about loosing. When I'm in a hurry to fish before dark i tend to use the offshores because they are quick to set up compared to my mast. Hope that helps