Sadness

ksc4488

19 minutes ago, Pa223 said:

Here here.
Just opening back up and “going for it” in actuality is the worst thing we could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

And thats your opinion . A lot of data and facts saying the other . 

What's the death toll by itself with no other contributing factor such as obesity etc? It's pretty low . 

Maybe we should be more diligent about banning fast food and Twinkies . If you stuff you face with this garbage , and wash  it down with a 6 pack and smoke a cigarette and  are unhealthy , it puts you at huge risk if you contract it . That's on you . 

I hear that there is a Bill in congress to slash all public employees pensions and health care workers pay and benefits by half  to fund the extra unemployment that is needed . I'm sure they will be all for it to pitch  in to share the burden . 

I'll take my chances , there are no guarantees in life . 

Edited by HB2
  • Like 2

Death from this are way down , or am I wrong ? 

A lot of the positives are asymptomatic , or am I wrong about that ? 

People get sick and die  every day . From a lot of stuff . 

I refuse to be afraid of it . 

Dont be get paid for 6 months , lose what you have worked for all you're life and then talk to me . 

From a strictly medical point of view maybe you are right to try and save everyone . From a practical point , it's time to go for it . 

• Like 1

Well I will say this. This thing is financially devastating The decision and balance between that and lost lives is one that none of us should have to make
Best of luck moving forward to you and all

The death toll is a misleading measure of the disease. There is recent evidence that even healthy college athletes now have a significant heart problem after being exposed to the virus and some didn't have the symptoms. A number of children have had severe respiratory disease/complications, there also seems to be possible neurological problems down the road  after folks have "recovered". This is not some flu or minor disease. It is not just people that eat too many burgers and fries that get it or die from it.

The economic aspects are disasterous and  no one in their right mind would argue that point. People do have to survive economically but the re-integration of the workforce and schools is complicated in terms of exposure and things have to be carefully planned and executed with evaluation along the way. Americans aren't used to being inconvenienced, we aren't real amenable to being told what to do, young folks think they are "invinceable" and it is the "other guy" that will get the disease or die, we don't follow orders well. and our "independent" mindset and wanting to do what we want to do when we want to do it despite the consequences is working against us.We would do well to take stock of the way some other countries have had some success in controlling this contagion - but no not us...we'll do it our way. Let everyone fend for themselves. We aren't going to be inconvenienced. Sometimes we ourselves can be our own worst enemies and this appears to be one of those times.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

And I'm sure you are more than happy to donate the next 2 months of your salary or  pension to those that have had the the rug pulled out from under them for the greater good . 

You know , to share the burden . 

Walk a  mile in their shoes . 

Until then , your words don't mean much. 

Inconvenience and losing everything are two different things.  

There are risks in life . 

Americans use to be brave . What happened? 

On 9/9/2020 at 10:52 AM, ksc4488 said:

We waited all summer for Ohio residents to be permitted back in NY, got the ok 8/11 and planned a trip to Wilson for some late season Salmon. So much for that....

Ohio as of today, has returned to the non-desirable list and now our intent to spend dollars in NY are shot.

In my discussions with my motel, I also learned that you have buy food in order to buy a beer and of course all the establishments ordered wings only to be told, wings aren’t food.

Thank God, I only wanted to visit, I feel for you, the citizens of NY.

Well I pity the ignorance of your local leadership. After the terrible disaster that struck NY City in the beginning of the pandemic, governor Cuomo was on the news every day. His leadership and full taking of responsibility for the measures that had to be taken, (unlike another leader who just lied about it while knowing the truth), with the full cooperation of most New Yorkers, helped NY State from being the worst hit state in the union into the state with the lowest transmission rate in the Union.(less than one percent). Why don't you stick that in your pipe and smoke it, while you stay in Ohio. We believe in freedom, but not in stupidity.

Edited by rolmops
  • Confused 1

Well I pity the ignorance of your local leadership. After the terrible disaster that struck NY City in the beginning of the pandemic, governor Cuomo was on the news every day. His leadership and full taking of responsibility for the measures that had to be taken, (unlike another leader who just lied about it while knowing the truth), with the full cooperation of most New Yorkers, helped NY State from being the worst hit state in the union into the state with the lowest transmission rate in the Union.(less than one percent). Why don't you stick that in your pipe and smoke it, while you stay in Ohio. We believe in freedom, but not in stupidity.

That other leader sent you a ship and built a hospital in Central Park. He was praised daily by your governor (I watched it every day!) and yet he sent only 21 patients to the ship while sending those known with COVID to nursing homes...we didn’t do that in Ohio. So please, let’s do talk about ignorance....

• Like 1

I’ve looked everywhere on here to figure out how to shut down comments or even delete my post, can anyone tell me how to do that?

I simply wanted to express regret at not being able to come to NY to spend my money, catch a few fish and escape the issues caused by this plague. It was not meant to be fodder for political discussion nor to provide a forum for those who don’t agree with others about the issues of today.

Bump

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HB2 said:

Americans use to be brave . What happened? 

Some Americans are still brave. My parents went through the Great Depression and survived it. My grandparents had 8 kids with two sets of twins and they lived on a tenant farm where my grandfather worked as a laborer for very little money. They didn't complain they didn't expect the Government to bail their asses out, and everybody pitched in to survive it ....and they did. It is called "adaptation and survival"; not bravery. Most of the truly brave people are no longer with us they are in Arlington and many other places like it, they are the folks who are treating the people right now for covid, they are the people going in to work everyday despite the presence of this highly contagious and infectious disease but they are taking as many precautions as possible so that they don't infect their families and friends and using their heads about avoiding this disease. There are others in our society who think the virus is a hoax, young people that value partying in unprotected groups over potentially infecting themselves and their families,  and those who value economic considerations over human life. This is a time for American ingenuity and a measured approach to getting back in gear economically. This virus is still with us and is still ravaging many areas of our country and it calls for belt tightening and sacrifice and we aren't used to it. We have to make decisions like can we really afford cable tv and Starbucks coffee,Nike sneakers,  and brand new cars and maybe shop at Aldies and the Dollar store to get by for now. It is called flexibility and adaptation to changing conditions and many of us are not willing or prepared to do it.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1