Winner Boat info

Reaper85

I recently Bought a 1994 21' winner boat walk around small cuddy was wonder if anyone has any knowledge of this boat it also has a yamaha 230hp sterndrive cant find any info on it. 

20200820_075153.jpg

20200820_190719.jpg

20200820_190000.jpg

Edited by Reaper85
Update

First off. Sweet rig. Second, I looked at a winner center console a few weeks ago. I had never heard of the brand so did a little research. I found that they were one of the first companies to use an all fiberglass grid layout. So, no wood in the construction to rot. They made all sorts of boats including bass boats. The company was named after their hulls winning a few offshore races. The center console I looked as was built like a tank. Very stout boat. Unfortunately the owner wanted about double what I truly thought it was worth. O well. That's about all I know. Sorry I cant be more of a help

Sstrout thanks I thinks it's pretty sweet rig myself lol got smoking deal on it $1800 the old man I bought it from said give me $1000 and take it couldn't do it! I no it's worth alot more.  Oil pan is dented up to crank so engine only turns half way I got it out and gunna do the transom while its apart (small soft spot) im a master mechanic and fabricator so im not worried about the yamaha set up looks alot more engineered than mercruiser I'll post pics as the process goes on the hull looks like it will handle lady o no problem 

20200910_174552.jpg

Skach1 I read tht the parts r hard to come by except I think everyone got scared and changed to mercruiser I'm buying spare parts left and right online just for back up and I'll make whtever parts r not available anymore thanks for the reply 👍

I'm guessing drain got clogged and ice pushed it up bilge pump is right under the dent in oil pan. hasnt seen water since 2002 hull looks mint no visible stress cracks in glass tht I can c I believe sstrout is right about the wood I think it's a fiberglass grid system for the stringers.the  only wood is in transom and it not tht bad but its apart now so y not ordered my glass mat/epoxy and  a piece of coosa board. Hopefully it will last a while. This is my small boat needed a winter project lol I rebuild my 89 sportcraft 242 offshore  last winter transom and stringers. Love tht boat to death handles lady o pretty good 

0820191654a.jpg

Edited by Reaper85

Yamaha exited the stern drive business some years ago I believe after unsuccessfully trying to enter the market , so therefore my advice would be to scoop up as many parts as possible.   Much like BMW entering in the 1980's.   

• Like 1

My dad owned a 18 ft center console winner, it was a great boat, everything worked great and as far as bullet proof as you can get, when he sold it the new owner hit a big rock off of the salmon river destroyed the lower end of the motor and cracked the water outlet hole and lost the plug, while being towed back in they could tell it had taken on a lot of water so the two guys on the boat both leaned over the same side to try and get a look at the side of the boat and ended up rolling it over only a couple hundred feet from the dock. 

Thanks for the replys guys my only big concern was the angle the engine was front of engine was tilted kinda down I little but hard to tell how it sits in the water on the trailer lol maybe I'll tow it to a marina just for a second opinion on engine angle while its apart. I dnt believe in marine surveyor seen too many people buy junk after being told it was good to go.