Lake Erie ice field?

• 2 weeks later...

The Great Lakes ice field is now at 3.3% coverage. A small area of Georgian Bay is now the only iced over area. The air temperature in the Buffalo area is five degrees higher this month mainly due to the lack of Lake Erie ice.

• 3 weeks later...

So how's this " global warming "  BS looking now ? Weather report yesterday was for at least 75% ice coverage by this weekend. I do not see any above freezing temps forecast for the next 10 days. I am  glad climate has changed over the centuries, otherwise we would still be in the ice age ,,,,and I wouldn't be alive.                     Updated  as of 2/11 cover is now 80 % and should be 100% in a few days.

Edited by Bozeman Bob
  • Like 4

So how's this " global warming "  BS looking now ? Weather report yesterday was for at least 75% ice coverage by this weekend. I do not see any above freezing temps forecast for the next 10 days. I am  glad climate has changed over the centuries, otherwise we would still be in the ice age ,,,,and I wouldn't be alive.                     Updated  as of 2/11 cover is now 80 % and should be 100% in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Flew over Lake Erie on the way to Detroit on a clear day Wednesday.  Very spotty/little ice all the way past presque isle.  Only the far western edge of Erie is really “locked up”.  It’ll be another early spring with regards to Erie and Ontario.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jimski2 said:

I remember winters when the ice was three foot thick.  Strong enough to allow a steam locomotive to cross the lake. This year the ice is no where near as thick,

You are really showing your age with this post Jimski2!  

18 hours ago, jimski2 said:

You must be a night shift operator in a water plant . I had 26 years on the night shift.

I am a shift work Distribution Operator in the water treatment plant.  We rotate a different shift every week.  Nights suck!