Cayuga Friday afternoon.

Hit the S end of Cayuga Friday afternoon for a couple hours.  Lots of debris ,seaweed,trash, logs. and trees floating. Water is high and and yellowish green looking. I was surprised at the pleasure boaters going wide open..

Marked quite a bit of bait and fish at various depths. This one came 50 down on a Pirate watermelon spoon. He is still out there swimming around.  Pulled the down rigger balls up from 100 down and they were warm....

unnamed.jpg

• Like 5

Hit the S end of Cayuga Friday afternoon for a couple hours.  Lots of debris ,seaweed,trash, logs. and trees floating. Water is high and and yellowish green looking. I was surprised at the pleasure boaters going wide open..
Marked quite a bit of bait and fish at various depths. This one came 50 down on a Pirate watermelon spoon. He is still out there swimming around.  Pulled the down rigger balls up from 100 down and they were warm....

We also fished there Friday afternoon. 50 feet down was 62 degrees. 80 down was still 53-54 degrees. Pulled a couple Lakers out from the deep rods but the grass and weeds were outrageous. I think I even saw an 8 foot 4x4 floating along at one point. Nice to see a rainbow go back in. Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Went out of Deans Saturday morning for the first Cayuga trip in over a month.  Not too much debris until Sheldrake but from there a little South saw clusters of big wood chunks in the middle of the lake.  They tended to be in relatively tight groups so  could avoid for the most part. 

Found some big angry Lakers 25 inches plus and a couple over 30 that made it a fun and busy morning of fishing.  Hit rigger spoons early and flasher/fly off the dipsey rig later.   About 9:30 this beauty hit the 10 color and kept me busy for a while before getting to the boat.  

Clouds broke up, the sun came out, my first mate did some swimming and we finished up a great morning on the water

0828210851a.jpg

0828211135a.jpg

• Like 3