Turkey Ridge Forest Fire 2022

Pete Collin

2 minutes ago, Smat64 said:

Nice video as always. 

any dead ash in there? Wonder what would have happened if it had a-lot of dead ash. 

Most of the dead trees were aspen (popple).  There were not many ash in this woods.  It was oak, soft maple, black birch, some pine and hemlock, a little of this and a little of that.

That's crazy for NY. Thanks for sharing!

You reminded me that we were supposed to fish together this summer...I was away on a trip when we last communicated, and we never touched base afterward. My apologies! Let's make sure to do it next year. 

52 minutes ago, Gator said:

That's crazy for NY. Thanks for sharing!

You reminded me that we were supposed to fish together this summer...I was away on a trip when we last communicated, and we never touched base afterward. My apologies! Let's make sure to do it next year. 

Gator,

I didn't forget you. But I had the busiest year ever!  By this fall I decided to replace my old boat. So I'm equipped for next year whether it's your boat or mine. Looking forward to it. 

Best story teller ever!  Two things come to mind. One, that fire would have made one hell of a deer drive and secondly, someone should study the effects of the fire on tick populations.