Suggestions on Copper Lengths

Looking for opinions on what length copper lines I should spool up.

Reel capacity chart calculates I can fit a maximum 450’ of 32# copper, using 50# braid backer. 

Any thoughts on the following combinations:

A. 1-200’ 2-300’ & 1-400’ 

B. 2-200’ & 2-300’ (snap weights to run deeper)

C. Other suggestions? 

I have 4 wire divers or 2 braided divers, 2 DR’s and will be pulling big boards

I appreciate any advice.

Do you like to match exact setups when you get bit or do you pprefer to keep a little variation in case they change if you like to dial in tight than 2 marching setups for 2 different lengths if you like to keep a spread than 4 different lengths snap weights work in both scenarios 

18 hours ago, ifishy said:

Do you like to match exact setups when you get bit or do you pprefer to keep a little variation in case they change if you like to dial in tight than 2 marching setups for 2 different lengths if you like to keep a spread than 4 different lengths snap weights work in both scenarios 

I do like to have matching setups.

18 hours ago, TyeeTanic said:

I'd want a deep copper, 500'.  I'd say 250' or 300' and 500' if you only want 2 rods.

I have a total of 4 reels to spool up. Reel will hold a maximum of 450’ of copper. 

More is not always better. A point has been made about the release of fish relating to the amount of time it takes to retrieve long lengths of copper. Ifishy's advice fits with my approach. I have  200 copper and 300 copper setups and when I want to get deeper I use attachable weights and I have run them with a Fishhawk TD attached quite a few times so that I have a pretty good idea where the lines are running with given amounts of weight. Even without weights it is really a "guesstimate" with them ( e.g 44 and 66 ft respectively without weights) but I have also found that even that particular assumption can be off with strong opposing or cross currents etc. The main reason for doing it that way is to conserve time reeling fish in and in the heat of summer they still may languish. All this stuff really boils down to "personal preferences". There is no "right" or "wrong" to a given strategy. Another thing is that "stealth" may be somewhat irrelevant when for example talking about a 300 copper with fluoro leader that is trailing the length of a football field behind the boat.:smile:

Edited by Sk8man

Sorry drynet if the use of the word "point" gave you the wrong idea... I was just referencing that to give some context to what I was saying about the reason for my strategy....I own what I said... I wasn't trying to stir anything up at your expense:smile: