Scotty downrigger lids not staying closed

The boat I bought last fall has 2 scotty electric downriggers. I have used them for a little this spring and one issue I am having with them is if I leave them on the boat the lid flaps as I drive down the road. I don't want to loose the lid but also it's a pain to take them off and put them back on. I have a pole barn I store the boat in so am not too worried about thieves.

I see there is a lock on the lid but it doesn't seem to lock onto anything. Is this just an issue with Scotty's or could something be broke. I looked up the riggers on Fish307 for parts and everything seems to look ok. I might try to take pics but both riggers look the same and nothing seems broken or out of place.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Update, called scotty and first question was are the emergency crank handles installed? Nope they were just sitting in one of the storage areas. Took a minute to figure out how they are supposed to be as I couldn't find any pics but now the lids stay closed and are tight so no blowing up when trailering. I knew the latches should be hooking on something but was not sure what it was until now.

Thanks all for the help and amusing banter.