Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. With the amount of money time and effort that goes into this style of fishing, putting less fish in the boat because you don’t want to spend $700.00 is nuts! A speed and temp until WILL put more fish on the deck. Using a speed and temp unit will take the guess work out of it and allow you to figure out what speed and temp the fish prefer that day. Then you can repeat it over and over again with out guessing. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  2. https://www.newyorkupstate.com/news/2019/02/ijc-doing-all-it-can-to-lower-lake-ontarios-water-level-during-storm.html This quote from the IJC is a total lie. "As of today, the Massena dam is currently releasing water at the rate of 300,200 cubic feet per second – the fourth highest water release level since 1960, according to Frank Bevacqua, an IJC spokesman" If you look at the release data from the IJC website, they have released way more water than they currently are now (8,500 m3/s). in 2017 alone, they crushed that amount of water 26 times...... They did it many times again in 2018. https://www.ijc.org/en/loslrb/watershed/outflow
  3. If I were to go to Olcott in spring, I would be chasing kings over browns.
  4. I believe it is from the currents. Thaws causing run off to pour into the ponds, wind pushing water back into the ponds from the lake and water pushing back and fourth from Long to Cranberry. About 10-12 years ago the same thing happened to both ponds. Cranberry opened up in the same spots. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  5. It broke last year too. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  6. The only positive in this photo is at least they purchased a license....
  7. Gambler Rigs will be there! Stop in and stock up and talk fishing!
  8. The show starts at 9. I'm not sure what time the seminar is yet. They have not set the schedule yet.
  9. I am doing a seminar on catching trophy lake trout.
  10. Try Higbie farm supplies Keith. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  11. Stingers in standard, stingray and magnums in the following colors: Tuxedo Green glow alewife Purple glow alewife Gator Gold gator Goby NBK Seasick wadded UV frostbite Are some of my favorite. Last year the best brown spoon for me was a standard sized moonshine green jeans. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. Purple power. It really cuts the laker grease.
  13. Kill them all BIlly!
  14. A lot of guys are using a Boga Grip on a rope and dragging them behind the boat until they are ready.
  15. I took my son over to long pond to try to get a perch dinner. If you go, bring a spud and use it! There are lots of giant holes all over and they are skimmed over with an inch or less of ice. With the snow now, it is hard to see them! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. Well done Ken! That one dog is huge!
  17. Get in touch with MOTOMAN on here. He is painting spoons in FLT patterns on the same blanks.
  18. FISH307 carries them also.
  19. 300 and 500 have been my most productive two coppers for years.
  20. GAMBLER

    Giant Calico

    Congrats! Slammer crappie. I am looking for one over 16" for my collection.
  21. I have ordered transducers from them multiple times in the past. I have had zero issues with them.
  22. I only run Spin n glo rigs (Gambler Rigs) on my boat now. I used to run a lot of peanut rigs but I found peanut rigs catch way too many little fish. They do catch big lakers but you need to weed through way more little ones. I can up size my spin n glo rigs to keep little lakers away.
  23. Yes. Run them behind Cowbells, flashers or dodgers. Cowbells are the best way IMO. The biggest size (can't remember the size off hand) Yakima offers is best for the great lakes. They second biggest size does catch fish also.
  24. if you want to make your own, you can get the Mylar from Purple Taco by the yard. If you can't find the tubes, let me know. I get them in bulk and can send you some for free.
×
×
  • Create New...