Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Purchased too much stuff this witner and have extras. $10.00 for each part shown below. Will ship at buyers expense.
  2. In great condition. Lightly used. $70.00. Rods comes in a rod case (tube). Local pick up or buyer pays shipping. PM for pics.
  3. $30.00 for the 11 lures pictured below. $5.00 for shipping.
  4. Ya Brian but when we go back to Quinte next year you'll be putting another walleye on the wall .... this one better be over 12 lbs. You are correct Steve and I hope a 12 is in my future.
  5. Spike, Peanut flies work good behind them. Blue and copper and green and copper have been really good for me. The peanut flies are 1" flies tied directly to the treble. Google them and you will find some.
  6. Finding Spring kings in other places other than the Niagara region can be tough. Find warmer water with bait and work the area with a variety or sticks and spoons. Most times, warm water, bait and structure are keys in early spring. The mouths of rivers and creeks are also good places to start if the water is green. Fish the edges of the plume. Later in the spring, fish offshore and cover all depths of the water column. Concentrate on temp breaks below and on the surface. Last May / June out of the port I fish, we found kings all over the water column including 120 - 170 down over 300 fow.
  7. I set standards that I have to meet because if I went by stories and how special the catch was, I would have way more fish on the wall, no room for more, and no money left. I currently have 7 with another at the taxidermist now. All of them have been at or above the standards I have set for myself. I hope to fill the king, Coho and atlantic in the next few years. I have a laker, steelhead and a brown in my collection already.
  8. The South shore will be getting good color after the East winds. The shoreline in Greece is getting brown as I type.
  9. Brown - 15lbs Steelhead - 18lbs Laker - 22lbs King - 35lbs Coho - 18lbs Atlantic - 15lbs
  10. We found largemouth bass in some kings and steelhead off shore after a huge upwelling off of Sandy Creek 2 years ago. Not what I was expecting when I cut the stomaches open.
  11. Smelt, gobies and emerald shiners are more than likely what they are there for. I have caught some really good lakers in shallow in March.
  12. Tim Bromund has a picture of what I'm about to explain. You can use a big pike bobber with a release on it and cip it to the backing and let it out behind the boat. When you get a fish on, you can let it out further behind to boat to keep it out of the way. On my boat, I prefer to use boards to keep the chute clear.
  13. The Bills spending big money in free agency is a huge suprise. Congrats Bills fans.
  14. Jammer, Call Fat Nancy's. I ordered mine over the phone and they shipped them to me. You can also call Big Jon direct and order them. They are not cheap but worth every penny.
  15. They will more than likely drop back from the pull of the copper. Otter boats with double keels are the way to go.
  16. I have no idea what you are talking about
  17. I heard he is the champ cutting nets out of props too!
  18. Not going out but the water along the ponds up to Braddocks finally looks perfect.
  19. Here you go! http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/raw/fz ... glf.lo.txt
  20. Leave a light bulb on in the engine compartment and it will be enough heat to keep the block warm.
  21. Fishhawk X4. The old 840 was not the best unit. The X4 is a huge upgrade from the old 840. Depth Raider, Subtroll, and the Fishhawk X4 are all quality units. It comes down to personal preference. I went with the X4 because I did not want to deal with coated cable, antenna's on the rigger and bigger probes. The X4 also has sealed electronics. If it gets water in it, it will not die like the other brands.
  22. Happy Birthday Jeremy.
  23. Duct tape
  24. SW, S, SE are good for the South shore for inshore browns.
×
×
  • Create New...