Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. GAMBLER

    Braddocks

    Nope. Maybe early next week. Very little skim ice on the bay and the ponds. Might not survive today.
  2. Rod, Never thought of that one. I was using the cable box in my yard and the one in my neighbors yard but the bee hive in my neighbors made that change.
  3. Very cool Rob. Are you guys going to add some pictures from past shootouts?
  4. I measured the distance on the sidewalk in front of my house and up the street. Roll out the copper and have someone hold one end. Reel on the desired length.
  5. Leader material is stiffer and more abrasion resistant. The line has to have less memory to work on a spinning reel.
  6. The smelt started showing up in the intake at work a week ago. 4 weeks earlier than last year. Ncie report Rick. P.S. I see your girlfriend is still around. Is this a record or did you get married?
  7. I would say less $ for registration and winnings for the Am's or the "pro's" will enter as "ams" to win the cash.
  8. I will be selling 4 Diawa Sealine SG47lc's in a couple months if you do not mind waiting.
  9. Congrats Giants fans! You could win the superbowl but still lost to my pathetic Redskins TWICE this season!
  10. I like the derbies and the one day shootouts.
  11. Do you take Canadian?
  12. Did not get mine yet either.... Oh wait, I did not get a new subscription. I got sick of the magazine writing fewer articles and adding more advertising.
  13. Do I hear 5 days , no guide needed any more just GOOD ice. Scott just found more good news (inside info) watch the trolling from that same weekend Brian. North shore BOQ they were out on the Adophlus Reach near the Glenora ferry crossing. Lets go this weekend it's not going to freeze at all this year Let's go. Can we be back before kick off on Sunday?
  14. Who is in for next year? Do you guys want to do 4 days instead of 3? I would much rather have 2 full days on the ice.
  15. Come on Rob. Spill the beans. Where can we buy some of these?
  16. +1. This winter SUCKS!!!!!!!
  17. It is policed by the participants. If you have a concern, you call one of the tourney directors and they come over. I think guys should get extra points for filling a complete limit of each species.
  18. You can buy a 600 that is marked every 50' from atommik and run it down the chute what ever length you want. The only issue with that is fighting fish around it. I have 7 different copper setups from 100 - 500'.
  19. The Grease traps are a little too pricey for me. I can get 3 sets of cowbells for the price of one grease trap.
  20. If it was me, I would go with more of the format of the Avon anglers Elite tourney. They do 5 perch, 5 gills and 5 crappies combined weight. You could mix it up and go with 1 pike, 1 walleye, 5 perch, and 5 gills depending on the body of water. Make it a team event with NO COMMUNICATION. Avon anlgers does not let you get within 50' of another team and the team has to fish within so many feet of each other.
  21. Buy the Atommik Copper. Tom is a great guy and hass a great product. I tired the Opti stuff when I first started using copper and it was ok.
  22. I would be for it IF WE HAD SOME ICE IN WNY!!!!! This winter sucks!
  23. Here is my trip in review (the short version): Blown out tires (another one today taking the wheeler back to my dads this time on the truck!! ), icestorm, issues at the boarder, a 9.1lb walleye, drunk buddies, 50 mph winds, and a buddy that got beat up by a stripper at the club. Will I do it again next year, you bet. It was a good time despite the bad times. It was a great group of guys. It was nice putting some names with faces and seeing some buddies. Steve thanks again. Hopefully the ice will be better so we can get to better fishing grounds.
  24. Genesee River is loaded with cats in May and June. Leeches drifted under a float along Seth Green Island will put a ton of good sized cats in the boat. You can get them from shore but it is a cool ride and easier to fish in the boat.
×
×
  • Create New...