Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Best way to catch pike on black creek is by canoe. Lots of shore spots are well picked over. I will PM you with a better spot on a different creek.
  2. Me too. I keep a couple every season for a nice meal. I have taken pike home that guys leave on the ice if I'm with in my limit. It happens all over. Gotta call the DEC and report them when you see that happening.
  3. Cast them along the weed lines in 15 - 17 fow. Let them sink until they are around 4' off the bottom and then start a slow twitch retrieve back to the boat.
  4. Conesus has a very good population of pike. The pike are fished a lot during ice season but it bounces back every year. MOST guys go to Conesus and don't catch many pike (there are some that do very well on the ice). It is a lake that you need to know to catch numbers of pike and catch pike every trip.
  5. I have found the pike on Conesus get used to seeing the same old pike lures day in and day out. With the water temps dropping, try large weighted sluggos. We have done well in the late fall using sluggos.
  6. I will be hunting the depot this Saturday with my neighbor. It is going to be interesting.
  7. I don't know Glen. I only did a pork shoulder and venison jerky in it. I would say around 3 mature salmon at a time.
  8. It was shot in Parma on Peck Rd near Rt 259 (Hilton Parma corners rd).
  9. Last time my father was down there it was very close to filling in totally. I believe it was a month ago.
  10. The one I won the 2005 fall LOC lake trout division weighed 24.11lbs and was 41" long. I have no idea what the girth was on the fish. I had a 23lb. 15 oz fish the following year that was only 36" long but much fatter. Both fish were weighed on LOC derby scales.
  11. If he was hard core, he would be buffy fishing like Ray!
  12. Nice Brown. I know the location. I work there.
  13. Happy belated B-day Keith.
  14. Some of the new ones are daytime viewable. Besides, who fishes without a tent these days?
  15. IF you are fishing shallow ponds, I would go with a under water camera before a flasher. The only time I use my flasher now is when I Jig lakers on some of the Finger Lakes. The camera is more fun to watch and a better tool in some cases.
  16. I use a 8 weight. Crayfish imitations and nymphs work good when they are mudding. If you can get them to eat dog food or bread that you chum, you can use brown glow bugs (have to color the glow bug yarn brown yourself) or make a bread fly out of glow bug yarn and use floatant to make it float like the bread pieces. Carp fishing on the fly is a blast. Lots of small ponds have good numbers of big carp in then. My personal best is a 35lb. grass carp from a pond that is about 3 acres. You will need florocarbon from 6 to 10lb. test. Carp can be really line shy. They can be very spooky of movement too. Casting can be a real challenge when using the fly rod. Any other questions, feel free to PM me.
×
×
  • Create New...