Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I got word of the exact opposite. Either way I'm fine with it. I would love to extend deer season to enjoy the hunting with my son on Christmas break but I would also like to get a couple days to sleep in before ice fishing starts!
  2. The old lake trout comment comes to the top. Funny that lakers have made me tons of money over the last ten years yet people continue to bash them.....
  3. Great broadheads. You can sharpen them easy too!
  4. Yes. But you have to find them. Once you do, it can be really good. I usually fish most of my stuff above the 50 degree water. This time of the year can be some of the best steelhead fishing Lake O has to offer.
  5. Once the turn color, they are no longer "fresh". Once they start staging, most are done eating and living off of fat reserves. They do not fight nearly as hard.
  6. We have a land owner on Sandy in Hamlin that thinks he owns both sides of the creek and boots people off his stretch all the time. I have seen the deeds to the surrounding properties and have looked it up on the County GIS and he is full of Sh*t. At least the Douglaston actually owns or leases both sides.
  7. As long as there is plenty of public access on the tribs that are pay to play, I have no problem with them. I have fished the DSR and it was nice water and clean. They also booted snaggers that were breaking the law. Isn't the DSR catch and release on trout?
  8. Sold pending payment
  9. I have one of these for parties at the house. They are $60.00 for a reason. They do not hold ice for long at all. I have the Coleman MArine 150 qt cooler and it holds a lot longer. It isn't as good as a Grizzly or a Yeti but it is way lighter and way cheaper!
  10. 28 sized spoons - mostly NK $30.00 shipped to the lower 48 Mag sized spoons - mostly NK $35.00 shipped to the lower 48. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  11. Fishing was great in April and May and then got tough for the first part of June. Late June until August was awesome! August came and the fishing off of my port went to poop! I fished a lot less that normal due to being busy building tackle (Covid delayed most of my shipments). King sizes seemed up, steelhead sizes seemed way up. I found a lot of smelt this year in browns and kings that we caught inshore. Tons of bait inside all season. Not as much until August offshore.
  12. That guy needs an alignment!
  13. It is not the meat that dictates your speed. It's the paddle you choose to run with it. Meat heads can be tuned to get that sweet roll by bending the meat head to get the desired roll. I have caught kings at 1.6 - 3.2 on meat rigs.
  14. #TRUTH
  15. 2020 was another great year for the Escape crew! Lots of great memories made and some great accomplishments. Here is the run down of derby / tournament placings from this season: Summer LOC 3rd place Brown Trout 16lbs 11oz (3rd top 5 brown in the last three years) Summer LOC 9th place Salmon 28lbs 7oz Summer LOC 10th place Lake Trout 19lbs 13oz Sandy Creek Shootout BFF 6th place Sandy Creek Shootout champions (second time in three years) Sandy Creek Shootout Biggest salmon Sandy Creek Shootout 1st place calcutta Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  16. I hate seeing deer wasted by cars. Its a shame! So many big bucks die this way.
  17. I use roller rods because there is no drag on the guides.. The roller wear guys are showing you is from the rods being in the improper position in the rod holder. If you use roller rods, the reel must face (the top) front on the boat so the line is sitting in the roller not on the roller frame.
  18. A basket 6 walked by the camera at the front gate of work last night. No velvet left. Its getting closer!
  19. As far as I know, there is nothing left after labor day. A lot of guys are done after Labor Day.
  20. We have not caught a laker since July! Once the Fall derby starts, the laker gear comes home. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. I sent you a pm with my contact info. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  22. Since when did you become a double Amputee? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  23. Thanks Mark. 11 and change and we dragged it around on a rigger for a while! It was a pleasant surprise when I popped the rigger to check for weeds! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  24. That would be the ultimate fight of any fish species on earth! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
×
×
  • Create New...