Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. Ditto. I would keep it close to that length and send it out with confidence.
  2. What in the heck are you listening to?
  3. Seaguar 50# blue label. I use a vise and have zero breaks or knot issues.
  4. I'm not saying lead doesn't catch fish. They do for sure, but I've also had rediculous days on the west end with jets pulling gold/black or 5 of diamonds c-5's.
  5. Same thing happened to my okuma copper rods. They replaced them all and I guess I'll just keep getting them replaced till they get it right. John, your right on. Do these companies think we are putting zebco's on these copper rods? Penny wise and pound stupid for MOST of the companies.
  6. I'll be going back to my jets this year. In the last 5 years of having short cores, I've not noticed any increase at all in fish hits with the cores. Maybe even less. I couldn't tell you how many fish I would catch with my jets on boards or in lines. Also, no worries about hitting bottom when in shallower. To me, I think short cores are just a fad that caught on because it was different. I can cut down on the # of rods on the boat too. Don't kill me, this is my own opinion and I'm not speaking for anyone else!
  7. Tim, I think you should "deep six" the braid then.lol
  8. Steely, were talking about the 4oz weight.
  9. I used to be blonde !
  10. For the life of me I can't find info on google about this: I bought the 2oz & 4oz weight packs. I unsrewed the back plate and took out the original 3.2oz weight, then went to put in the new 4oz weight and it doesn't fit. I didnt think I needed the new 7oz backer plate for the 4oz weight. Am I having a blonde moment?
  11. People are going crazy, we need the ice to leave now!
  12. Not for nothing, but you can get down 110' with a mag diver #1 setting out about 230-240' . Its not 180', but only 50-60' more w/o junk hanging off the diver.
  13. I use pline flouroclear 30# dipsy to flasher.
  14. Yeah bob, I remember the double D's infomercial!
  15. Who asked about mono?
  16. IMO, I think your leaving the inside water way too early.
  17. Hey rick, I hope I'm not rubbing off on you. Grumpy ba%$-+Rd!
  18. I troll with them for bass and hit bottom at about 13' with 80' of 10# test mono.
  19. I'm not sure about the cannon tracks. I use Traxstech and all my track has a backer plate underneath. You should be good if you have that also.
  20. Seaguar blue label here.
×
×
  • Create New...