-
Posts
13,929 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Sk8man
-
Normally I run them clean but there are situations where I do use them (e.g. walleyes etc.)
-
I bought my Tohatsu 9.8 from them best price around and no shipping charges. No problems.
-
Sutton's are very near and dear to my heart too and my grandfather used them extensively on Seneca Lake (around 1910 or so Generation 1 in every sense of the word I guess) but I have always been unclear on just when they started up etc. and the history. Thanks Mark You are "the man" when it comes to the Sutton's
-
Wow! I've used them for about 50 years and never have seen that one and I've used every version of them, but once I have them adjusted where I want them (about 3 1/2 lbs or so on the scale) I don't often mess with the tension either.
-
-
Braddocks 7/1
Sk8man replied to whaler1's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
-
My son and I fished 1/2 day trolled north from Dean's from 40-205ft and then south from Dean's (all on west side) from 26 ft to 270ft (2.4-3.0 hoping to avoid lakers). Stayed within 40 ft of surface with everything (2 riggers a 3 and a 4 color leadcore and two wire dipsys up tight (running tight about 40 ft). One small rainbow on rigger 35 ft down (on slider), another a bit larger on Sutton 71 with pink UV tape at 25 ft., a sublegal landlock on a perch Rapala, behind 4 color,5-6 lb laker on same 4 color, and another 5-6 lb laker on rigger 25 ft. down. Had another pretty savage hit on the 4 color on boards) but was gone after taking the drag out. Everything released OK. All action around 150 - 170 ft. Didn't see much in closer at all (bait or fish). Fleas were pretty bad on everything including the 150 lb downrigger once. A lot of weeds floating around out toward the middle on the west side. Beautiful day but that sun got very hot so we called it.
-
need help getting auto pilot installed
Sk8man replied to keepin it reel's topic in Open Lake Discussion
Yep,Hank is the LOU superhero for real Joe -
-
Canandaigua Canandaigua 6/28 south end
Sk8man replied to adesalvo's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
-
-
-
Cayuga WINNER OF 2020 NATIONAL SENECA LAKE TROUT DERBY
Sk8man replied to tamiron's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
-
All it takes is a slight distortion in shape to make them dysfunctional and it sounds as though you may have had a defective one if it was broken (maybe hairline crack unnoticed when it was put in?) If you were up in that 200 range for long you may want to have the engine thoroughy checked out anyway.
-
Out of Hughes 6/26
Sk8man replied to Hillside's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
You're very welcome John. You had a very good start on things with both areas to begin with -
Out of Hughes 6/26
Sk8man replied to Hillside's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Nice going John -
Yeah all it takes is the bass guys to clog up the ramp area parking their boats in that tiny area prior to start to make it less fun than normal
-
Wanted Fishing spoons vintage
Sk8man replied to brutus's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
Cayuga Lake gives up another beauty
Sk8man replied to Fishbowl836's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
-
The stern planer is a good idea and it becomes quickly evident when making adjustments; especially when you have to clear other lines for an unruly king I never run longer than a 300 copper https://www.fishusa.com/Church-Tackle-TX-007-Stern-Planer?quantity=1&L-Size1=1094&msclkid=8d7ca40a6d6e1f4212b2fafedfe2e0ad&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping_PLA_All Products&utm_term=4585100930554943&utm_content=All Products
-
-
They can run fine that way but length can be a factor depending on other stuff out.
-
I think the white caps on the larger Fingers start to form noticibly at about 10 mph but it depends on which end off the lake you are on and what direction the wind is blowing and how long the wind is sustained at that speed. When it hits 12 to 15 it is hard to have control of the speed of the lures and boat direction so it becomes a lot less fun.Lake O is a bit different animal because of the sheer expanse of the lake. I have seen good sized rollers with no observable wind and I assume that it was from previous wind (maybe during the night?) coming across that huge surface and setting it in motion, OR it may have been windy miles away and the waves set up and traveled from it without apparent wind in my location.
-
Real good suggestion. If you use the largest Lake Clear with a small 2-2 1/2 inch spoon or smallest size Rapala behind it that can be productive too. I had a lot of luck with it in the Daks for brookies in the past.....guess I had forgotten until mentioned Splake are a combination between Brook Trout and Lake Trout so they may respond to techniques used for each taking into consideration the water body characteristics and natural food available.







