Predator 23/24

3 hours ago, Roys Boys said:

What type of thermal is that? Gonna hunt some coyotes the next few days and see what happens

The scope I run is the AGM Rattler TS35-384. For the money, it is a really good scope for what we do around here (shots inside 300).

Made it out for a quick session last night. Shot a fox between 240 - 260 yards out. Initially dumped it and thought I made a perfect shot but the fox did end up getting up and making it a ways. We never recovered it. But this is why I love the thermal and recording, if I analyze the shot I believe I held just a touch too low and forward. Probably took his lower right shoulder out. I’m sure the fox isn’t long for this world, but gosh darn these predators are tough. 

My buddy later touched off a shot on a coyote and same story. No recovery but lots of blood at the shot site. I’m sure that coyote expired but he moved all of 80 - 100 yards before we could no longer track on the property he went to. Again, shot was touched off near the shoulder. Bit of a rough night recovery wise but two (most likely) less predators out there. 

Edited by idn713

Little more fox action on public. Watched a skunk come in to like 30 yards and then decided to scan the field again and to my surprise a fox was just sitting and checking the call out at around 80 yards. Nice bang flop on this one! 

IMG_8510.jpeg

Edited by idn713
  • Like 2

Bill .... Having those Fisher around is not necessarily a good thing... Especially for Turkey population. Those buggers eat a lot of young turkeys. I hunt in PA. The property owner said the Fisher population increased one year .  Same year he saw zero turkeys ( normally saw large flocks). 

I agree they are cool animals, just killing machines....

Not to mention for all you rabbit hunters who think their neat looking wait till they invade your favorite spot! Unlike a fox or coyote they can run under the thickest habitat like it's not even there . No worries, they will move on in a couple weeks when they have depleted the population!They have no natural enemies for the most part and are protected by a short trapping season by the state.You will definitely see more of them in the coming years. Looking at the bright side they're rumored to kill porcupines and make an awesome mount for the wall.