Predator 23/24

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Those grays are beautiful!  I want to shoot one for the pelt.  

Me too! I have still never got one. I was jealous when we walked up to them and saw they were greys lol. Those 2 make 3 that I have called in for friends though. They are so far a few between around here

Edited by fisherman21

25 minutes ago, fisherman21 said:

Me too! I have still never got one. I was jealous when we walked up to them and saw they were greys lol. Those 2 make 3 that I have called in for friends though. They are so far a few between around here

My father's old house had a ton of grays.  I wish I could still hunt there.  They are beautiful animals.  Silver Fox are even better looking and more rare!  

• Like 1

Beautiful!  If you called them in for someone they count as far as Im concerned!

I had one in my backyard almost daily this year when the mulberries were on the ground.  First gray I have seen up close in a very long time.

I really need to get out and whack some yotes at the farm.  We are seeing more and more of them the last few years and less deer.  Is there an advantage in waiting till it gets cold with snow cover and they are desperate for food, or better off dragging some roadkill out there and hunting the next evening? (or both)  I reckon theyd get on roadkill pretty quick in my neck of the woods......

11 hours ago, 13owhunter said:

Beautiful!  If you called them in for someone they count as far as Im concerned!

I had one in my backyard almost daily this year when the mulberries were on the ground.  First gray I have seen up close in a very long time.

I really need to get out and whack some yotes at the farm.  We are seeing more and more of them the last few years and less deer.  Is there an advantage in waiting till it gets cold with snow cover and they are desperate for food, or better off dragging some roadkill out there and hunting the next evening? (or both)  I reckon theyd get on roadkill pretty quick in my neck of the woods......

Put a cell cam on your roadkill and you’ll know what and when it’s getting hit. 

• Like 1

So far a couple fox is all. I have used the same set up for over ten years and there are typically a lot of yotes in the area. Sometimes they show up quickly other times it takes days or even weeks. 
Hopefully soon!