Trolling bags size

Looking for some advice of using two trolling bags and what size bags.  I am running an 18 Tracker Targa with a 150hp Mercury that in clutch ahead, trolls at around a little over 3mph.  I want to troll down to 1.5 when using harnesses for walleyes but generally run 2.2 to 3 for browns and kings.  I am looking to run two bags instead of one for steering purposes.  Thoughts?  Thanks 

1 hour ago, copperpin said:

Looking for some advice of using two trolling bags and what size bags.  I am running an 18 Tracker Targa with a 150hp Mercury that in clutch ahead, trolls at around a little over 3mph.  I want to troll down to 1.5 when using harnesses for walleyes but generally run 2.2 to 3 for browns and kings.  I am looking to run two bags instead of one for steering purposes.  Thoughts?  Thanks 

22" should work.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, REELDRAG2 said:

Are you local here in Rochester? I have 2 bags that are pretty much brand new. You are welcome to them. I no longer use them.

I am.  Ill pm you

14 hours ago, REELDRAG2 said:

Are you local here in Rochester? I have 2 bags that are pretty much brand new. You are welcome to them. I no longer use them.

you are a great person, KUDOS to you for being a great sportsman.

I had a 21' cobia glass open bow boat with a 5.7 Vortec motor and I had used plates for many years. then we found a set in the road near the marina. after trying to find the owner with no luck my son suggested we give them a try one day. it took us a few minutes to figure out how far back to run them and have them work like they should. these were 36" bags. We fish for walleye on Erie and troll with the wind which pushed us very fast but those 36" bags were great. with both bags out we had to bump the throttle up to get up to trolling speed. and some days we only used one bag then on very calm days with my motor idled down to 500 RPMs we didn't use any bags at all.

if at all possible it's better to have bags that are a little larger than what you need. it's always better to be able to go too slow than not slow enough. you can always bump the throttle up to get up to speed but there isn't any way to get slower if your bags are too small. another thing you can also use the wind to help control the speed when using bags,

11 hours ago, copperpin said:

I am.  Ill pm you

19 hours ago, REELDRAG2 said:

I am local and I am interested.  I sent you a PM.  Let me know.  Thanks

On 3/9/2024 at 6:15 PM, REELDRAG2 said:

How do I check pm's?

Hey reeldrag2 go to the top of the screen and click on the envelope icon for your messages or if you want give me your number or a place and time to meet.

On 3/9/2024 at 6:15 PM, REELDRAG2 said:

How do I check pm's?

when you click on new posts like i do up in the righthand corner there is a bell for notifications and to its right is an envelope for and messages you have not read.