wire line

39 minutes ago, Fishmaster196 said:

Whats everyones go to 30 pound 7 strand wire. What one is best blood run, american or malin. Thanks for any replies.

Tough to beat Blood Run. Literally one stop shopping for all your line needs. Whether its wire, copper, fluoro, mono, steel

https://bloodrunfishing.com/

• Like 1

Torpedo 7 strand and 19 strand are my favorites. Their weighted steel is very hard to beat. And the cream on top of it all is their service. I met the owner of the company at the fishing expo in Niagara falls. He himself is an avid fisherman who constantly tests his products.

Edited by rolmops

I'm an American Fishing Wire fan. It's the thinnest 30lb 7 stand wire on the market, so dive curve is better. One thing to keep in mind is after some use if you let it get loose it will want to curl and potentially kink. I keep my wire taught at all times. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Torpedo wire is coffee colored. I have been a Malin fan but after getting a couple of bad spools where one strand seemed to be not woven into the other six and it shredded my guides, I changed. American Fishing wire has been my latest favorite in 30 and 40 lb wire. Morgan Copper and  torpedo weighted steel are the most user friendly junk lines IMO. 

Always ran Malin coffee color in both 20 and 30 lb. 30 lb is a bit more forgiving when it comes to kinks but seemed to get more bites on the 20 lb.

Edited by spoonfed-1

On 3/8/2024 at 7:29 PM, Gill-T said:

Torpedo wire is coffee colored. I have been a Malin fan but after getting a couple of bad spools where one strand seemed to be not woven into the other six and it shredded my guides, I changed. American Fishing wire has been my latest favorite in 30 and 40 lb wire. Morgan Copper and  torpedo weighted steel are the most user friendly junk lines IMO. 

How long have you been running Morgan copper for? I was thinking about trying some.

I tried some on another boat and was impressed with how the addition Tin to copper adds a softness/handling benefit. I have no track record of longevity with the product. I do believe it is the copper of choice on Lake Michigan where they have to run more junk lines. 

• Like 1