winter boat cover

Try Budge Industries, boat covers. The better 1200 denier cover is pretty good. 

Like any cover you'll have to properly support it for snow load.

Edited by stinger

I have a Budge boat cover with the 1200 denier material brand new, never used, that fits a 22 foot cuddy cabin with length to spare to cover the outboard. I would be willing to part with it for $100+shipping

1 hour ago, fishing fireman said:

I'll measure my total length

How wide of a beam does it cover,,? 

It easily covers a 96 inch wide boat.

I used a good solid tarp for years and it worked very well.

You can buy a good one for less than it costs to have your boat wrapped. I am not talking about harbor freight junk. You can use a skeleton simular to what is used for wrapping or you can just lay it over your boat and give it shape with an upside down plastic garbage can or if you want to go fancy one or two of those 2 or 3 foot exercise balls in order to prevent pooling of water. use a few straps and you're all set.

3 hours ago, fishing fireman said:

Rolmops,, where would be the best place to get a quality tarp? 

Probably online. go to Tarps now, or my tarp.com

Edited by rolmops

Just a suggestion if going with the quick tarp cover method. Yes use a good tarp. I use a Harbor Freight HEAVY duty tarp on the small boat and put it over a tall PVC pipe “A type” framing going the entire length of the boat to keep any rain or snow from pooling and sagging it. Then I can pull the tarp, lift the framing and the nylon cover is dry and ready to tow in no time at all. There are a lot of frame ideas online. Either way, you should get a good cover to keep things dry. Best of luck.

I shrinkwrap my own boat. Bought all of the gear 18 years ago as I store 2 boats and a jetski.

When I create my cover, I do it with removal in mind. No extreme underbends are the most important, usually at the stern corners. As long as the support framing goes back in the same way, I'm able to reuse covers for up to thee years! (I'm in Jefferson county and we get snow) 

Can I uncover, fish and recover the same day? Usually not. But in a year like this, It would provide a lot of flexibility.

Cost?

200 ft roll about $400 delivered, 25 ft per cover for my 18', that's 8 covers, $50 each / 3yrs = Under $20/cover

Tools to get started? About $750 Again, I've done about 50 covers so far.