Now this is a bad day!

That is a reason why the state needs to put in bleachers and charge for each seat at every boat launch. You see stupid stuff like that at every launch. Gotta love it.

Does anyone have the pics of the truck that was under water with the lights on, with the boat still attached to the trailer??

I think it was at the little salmon river maybe 8 or so years ago?? that has to be the worst having your truck under water and a crowd of a hundreds of people wondering "who forgot to set the brake"??? :puke::puke:

That is a reason why the state needs to put in bleachers and charge for each seat at every boat launch. You see stupid stuff like that at every launch. Gotta love it.

I see at least 35 spectators in the picture...probably twice as many off the pic. both sides of the ramp would be....

hmm... lets see :wait: ....( 35x2 off the pics=70x2 sides of the ramp=140 spectators x 2 days (weekend)=280spectators multiplied by each summer week beginning memorial day to labor day (16 weeks) and the grand total is......

4480 spectators per season.

Now pay attention Governor Patterson...open your eyes if it makes a difference :lol: take a look at this!!!! $10 a seat X 4480 spectators= $44,800 revenue for the state of NY not to mention the rotation factor fof those seats that leave early and are refilled..could be more than $70,000 state income per season. Also the refreshments (beer and pop, hotdogs hamburgs etc.) could add twice as much to that figure. $140,000 for 16 weeks :o:cash:

Now think about that :thinking: ...and PLEASE don't raise our sporting licenses just to give it all to the big city :devil:

Mark

I see at least 35 spectators in the picture...probably twice as many off the pic. both sides of the ramp would be....

hmm... lets see :wait: ....( 35x2 off the pics=70x2 sides of the ramp=140 spectators x 2 days (weekend)=280spectators multiplied by each summer week beginning memorial day to labor day (16 weeks) and the grand total is......

4480 spectators per season.

Now pay attention Governor Patterson...open your eyes if it makes a difference :lol: take a look at this!!!! $10 a seat X 4480 spectators= $44,800 revenue for the state of NY not to mention the rotation factor fof those seats that leave early and are refilled..could be more than $70,000 state income per season. Also the refreshments (beer and pop, hotdogs hamburgs etc.) could add twice as much to that figure. $140,000 for 16 weeks :o:cash:

Now think about that :thinking: ...and PLEASE don't raise our sporting licenses just to give it all to the big city :devil:

Mark

Exactly.

Idea is noteworthy, however….this is NYS:

Cost of commissioning a feasibility study: $50,000

Cost of hiring consultants & doing the feasibility study: $100,000

Cost of Environmental Impact study: $60,000

Cost of a new created position of “Commissioner of Bleachersâ€: $150,000

Cost to remediate & “bring areas up to code:†$90,000

Cost of overtime for cops for crowd control: $40,000

Cost of designing bleachers: $25,000

Cost of building bleachers: $10,000

Cost of yearly Bleacher Inspection & testing: $15,000

Cost of pension for Bleacher Inspector: $7,000

Automobile & gas money for inspector: $50,000

Cost of trashcan, porta-potty rental: $15,000

Cost of groundskeeper/attendant: $15,000

Cost of pension for groundskeeper: $7,000

Cost of bleacher liability insurance: $100,000

Cost of on-site ambulance: $50,000

Cost of tow truck subsidy: $50,000

Sounds like NYS will jump right on it. Typical NYS…spending 6 times more than they have.

Oh, I get it...They just raise admission to $60.00 per seat. (But then they’d give the Commissioner a raise and let him hire a 6 person staff to review the Inpector's reports & contracts for porta-potty rental.)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

skipper you bring up a good point. Patterson should look into your proposal. If he got money that way from the launch spectators then he wouldn't have to charge up to launch. If he thought about it if he didn't charge more people would launch causing more accidents creating more spectators. You should run for I Love NY visitors agency.

I'm gonna run for ALL the positions that Tom B mentioned above and I will only keep half of the pay and donate half back to the sportsmen in the form of license reduction and fishing and hunting improvements. Then I will become a multi-millionaire in short order and bail out Albany and promptly fire all the dead wood in the capital.

oh yeah, I forgot to multiply $140,000 by ALL the ramps around the state....hmmmmm...wonder how many that is :thinking: maybe around 3000...$420,000,000 per season :o . that should do it.

Skipper - If you really want to make some money for sportsmen, convince the state to make each launch site a franchise. Purchase each franchise for say a buck a year. (Like the Fast Fairy deal) Then the state & local gov'ts will readily put up all the investment for you...Land development grants, subsidized loans, economic development areas, tax credits, etc. They'll wave all the permit stuff & probably give you your first tow truck.

Open one dummy company (in wife's name) to handle upkeep & crowd control, (Bleacher area only) another (in son's name) to run towing/salvage and another (in daughter's name) for concessions & port-potty. Just as tax credits are about to run out, declare bankrupcy for the franchise.

Tell the Feds that if your company fails then at least 3 other companies will fail & have to lay people off. The Feds will step in with bailout money so at least your other 3 companies will get a bunch of money. Why work if you can get free Fed money?

Then take the Fed money, pay off the debts & use the rest to support fishing. You'll be a hero & sure to get elected. Just think saved the fishery without costing the state taxpayers a bunch of money. Then you can fire all the mor...err...people in Albany.

At least the first part has worked before......

I :inlove: NY.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

p.s. don't quit your day job ;)

You're absolutely a genius Tom. I gotta stop tryin to work my butt off. Darnit my dad always said I had to work hard to get somewhere's, now I wonder what he would say today if he were here. I got this workin thing all wrapped up in my head and can't learn how to live off the system. Now it's too late, if I screw up cause I'm in business, they will tell me it is my own fault for my demise. However, I do like the part about getting the tow truck :clap: . I like trucks, I guess I'll always be in one to the last days.

Mark

When you set your parking brake, you lock up the rear wheels. Sliding the boat off the trailer, the weight transfers to the rear of the trailer from the front hitch and raises the rear wheels to a point they have no traction and the whole rig goes down the ramp. Usually the boat floats off the trailer and thr rear wheels grab but this looks like a panic and the engine stalled when the exhaust went under water. Chocking the front wheels would help, having a person hold down the foot brakes would help and setting the transfer case to 4 wheel low would help. Flushing and changing the engine, transmission, transfer case and pumpkins oil is next sooner than later. I have seen this happen more than once.