Shasta Lake CA. Aug 7th & 8th

I arrived at the harbor early to just relax , while wait for Jmat and LD to arrive.The clouds where getting darker by the hour.

The guys arrived we load there gear onto the house boat , put up the top and canvas sides on my boat then headed out to scout things out for King Salmon. We returned just a little after dark , and planned the morning attack. We where up at 4am

Friday morning looking at a full moon ,filled the thermos with coffee and headed out to where we where going to start fishing. We arrived and immediately starting out rods, 2 down riggers, 2 dipsy divers on Steel line, 1 cooper line rod and the shark bobber. Was not long befor our first fish was in the boat. The bite closed down at 9 am , we headed back to the houseboat. We had London Broil, Baked potato, salad , corn and garlic bread for dinner, Up at 4am Saturday morning again looking at a full moon. Filled the thermos with coffee and out the door. 1st King on at 6;30am Jmat largest King at 4.8 lbs.

We had 3 Kings in the boat and 15 A&E for the two days of fishing. It was a great time with 2 great friends and fishing partners

The last part of this , 1st time in my life I have ever witnessed this on Shasta Lake. On two separate occasions , we had two vary nice Kings after coming unbuttoned . Blow through the surface and three feet into the air, letting us know they won the battle and are still KING of the lake.It was an assume site to witness this . Now I have caught more than my fair share of Kings , and they have always dove to the depths of the lake not shoot into the air with surface temperatures at 80 degrees . My hat is off to his Majesty

dpcrwp.jpg

160as08.jpg

16gxxn5.jpg

30mxs7t.jpg

2elf1c1.jpg

2n8q6mg.jpg

2ekkm4h.jpg

2d2er93.jpg

11ahik6.jpg

2a0nhnb.jpg

4kybu1.jpg

2hwzbc8.jpg

2hds1h0.jpg

oid35v.jpg

zmd05w.jpg

33z2of8.jpg

wvajw8.jpg

2vt5kxi.jpg

e7mijd.jpg

2je4601.jpg

LD Filling The Lake Back Up

2n4npy.jpg

Nice pic's Stan, thanks for sharing.... nice looking rig :yes: If you hook it to your truck and head east now, you"ll hit the salmon just about perfect in Oswego, there just waitin for a reason to crash the shoreline any day now....

Sometime I think I could use a backhaul out of California. Put the whole rig in the back of the 18 wheeler and ride along to NY. Rates are reasonable, LOU members take up a collection for the get Stan to the big "O" fishing epic adventure tour. :yes::rock:

Mark