seneca 2-13-10

well, today Kremer and I were going to try some shore fishing on seneca..The wind was pretty brutal and we just so happened to see a familiar boat. I eneded up making a phone call and we were asked if we wanted to go fishing on his boat. Of course, we did. Ended up with just shy of 20 fish or so, all landlocks, and pretty, kept our limits and, released the others. :yes:8) Windy, rough, big waves as we came off the water. Fish were active and on fire for a while.

a8cJr.jpg

i will have a picture of all the fish, probably tuesday or so.

What a great day out there today. I thought we were just gonna get cold and do some exploring, but then we end up on a boat and do some landlock liprippin'! :yes: Those guys were really active from 10-12, then slowed a bit till we got off the water at 2. Thanks lakebound88 for a great day it was really nice meeting you in person and fishing with you - lets do it again soon! There will probably be a pic or 2 of our outing on billy bobs site for your veiwing pleasure. Wind and waves got fairly spunky by the afternoon and chased us off the water even though we were still picking at them. How bout that last monster I reeled in at the end eh Nick? lol

Agree with Stinger, those 2 are browns. The caudal peduncle is too thick and stocky on those fish for a landlock, which is much thinner and tapered. Only way to be sure is the Volmerine teeth on the inside of the mouth.

Stinger that is a good picture showing the difference in them.

Here is a helpful link:

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2010/salmon_brochure10.pdf

Lakebound,

If you just caught those fish yesterday, do you still have the entrails and heads handy? If so, look into thier mouths and check the volmerine teeth then you will know for sure. Please post pics if you can. Browns for sure. The fish on right has a square tail, and the one on the left does also, just folded over from sitting in a cooler or something.

Also, those are great pics of landlocks Trolling82. They distinctly show that they are different fish from the 2 browns in Lakebounds pic.

they looked exactly like stingers landlocks when they were on the boat. They look more like browns in LB88's pic at home. I still think they were landlocks cause there were an awful lot of scales coming off them - the kind that dig into your fingers and wont come off! :D