Seneca Lake derby Weekend

Had an awesome derby weekend! Had lots of fun with the family as well as fishing. Ended up taking 1st place rainbow @ 8.72 lbs 30in on Sunday :yes: , finishing the weekend with 58 lakers boated, about 15 over 7lbs, the one rainbow and a decent Brown. most fish came pulling wire, but had a variety of boards, and rigger hits as well. The rainbow was taken from Bellhurst off a board on a black long a Bomber. Chatted with Cdga Troller quite a bit and he seems to own the Landlocks on that lake :) Also chatted with zebedee on Saturday, nice to meet you Jason! I am already counting down the days until next year! Here is a few pics from the weekend as well as my little girls first boat ride :clap:

Kw8TA.jpg

67H1J.jpg

67JwS.jpg

Kevin way to go on the First place Rainbow.... Sounds like you and the family had a great weekend down there on Seneca.. I hope you kept a short leash on ex-3c17... I know he can get a little wild..... Dale

Kevin it was great to meet you and your dad Saturday! I look forward to catching some of those Canadaigua rainbows with you guys this fall. I stopped in and saw your fish in the cooler...what a beauty....Congrats!

Congrats Kevin! Don't know if you realized who I was at the ceremony or not. As for the landlocks, I had only caught one ever on that lake till this year. We landed about 25 landlocks with the biggest 7.14 which dropped off the board the last 2 hours of the derby. I can't believe how big the landlocks were! We also landed about 25 lakers with the biggest 8.53 which placed 4th in the jv division. most of the lakers were also in the 7+ range. Seemed like every time I talked to Kevin we hooked up, next year I'll be calling you more! Good time this year, wished I could of meet more of you, after getting off the boat each day I just wanted to sleep. No Canopy and all that sun did a number on me.

wow 8.72 is a beast for a for a rainbow nice job. It seemed the fish were slightly larger across the board this year anyone have any ideas as to why?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I noticed the same thing. I wonder if a record was set for the average size of all fish weighed in.

I have marked more bait pods in the past three years than ever before. I guess with the crash of the pike in the past two years the rest of the fish have been putting on the pounds. The smaller lakers in the 18" range have shoulders this year. When you troll over a bait pod that is 40' thick and 500+' long those big boys down there should be putting on some weight. I hope this is just the start............. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally downloaded some pics from the derby, and thought I would share. The landlock (7.14) and the laker (8.53) were both caught by my 8 yr old crew mate for 2 years, Dylan is the Son of a buddy that's fished with for years. Dylan placed 4th in the JV with the laker and knocked off the board the last morning with the landlock. Here are some pics of the fish and crew

iaNQJ.jpg

a75C9.jpg

ue1kJ.jpg

uebji.jpg