torpedoes versus pankakes.

Just last week I lost one of my stingray pancakes due to my own stupidity,so I went on a limb and ordered 2 13 pound torpedoes from A-Tom-Mik.

This Sunday I tried them out for the first time and they are a very big improvement over the pancakes,not so much because they are heavier,but because they are actually visible on my fish finder.The Stingray pancakes are so thin that the sonar does not pick up any echo.From now on I will know exactly what depth my gear is at.

I guess I should say "Thank You" yet again to Glen who kindly showed me the torpedoes on Spoonfed and then showed them to me again on his fish finder.If not for the trip with Glen,I would never have known about seeing the weights on the fish finder screen.

I am getting the technical tricks and needed gear together.Sometime soon I will start catching more fish as well.

Lost my 15lbs torpedo with the depth raider probe off Hedges in 45 FOW due to kink on the cable. I have marked this location on my GPS in case I have the necessary dive gear to salvage these items. :o

Aside from this, be sure to get Blacks release before you connect the torpedo to your downrigger cable. I have a fixed black release and a free sliding black release on my port. The probe rigger only has a fixed black release.

Lost my 15lbs torpedo with the depth raider probe off Hedges in 45 FOW due to kink on the cable. I have marked this location on my GPS in case I have the necessary dive gear to salvage these items. :o

Aside from this, be sure to get Blacks release before you connect the torpedo to your downrigger cable. I have a fixed black release and a free sliding black release on my port. The probe rigger only has a fixed black release.

I just bought 2 of the 15 lb torpedos as well. I also have the blacks releases ( I think slider). Can someone clarify on rigging these up?

I originally hooked the blacks to the rigger cable and then all of that to the top of the torpedo. I did not trust the way it was tracking, so I pulled the blacks release off of thr rigger cable and attached it to the eyelet on the end of the torpedo to force it to track. What is the prefered method???????