Loc Derby question - division prize

The derby fever has gotten to me. I am sure this question has surfaced in the past.

If John Doe caught a first place King and he caught a first place steelhead, if I am reading this right, John will only be qualified for one division prize either it be king or steelhead. More likely, John will be qualified for the king because it would have weighted more than the steelhead

"Is entitled to only one division cash prize. No participant may win more than one of the division prizes, although contestants may enter more than one fish. If the succeeding fish is larger, the smaller of the fish with least weight will be withdrawn."

http://www.loc.org/derby/registration/derbyrules.asp

I'm pretty sure you answered you own question Anthony which ever fish is "higher" in a division is the only fish that LOC will pay on. At least that's how I read it. Maybe Mr. Chilson will voice in and clarify your question.

Steve

Anthony - you cant have 2 kings under your name, but a king and a steelhead is no problem.

You can only have one on the board at a time. If you have 2, the one in the lower place will be dropped off no matter what division. As for 2 first place fish, you might want to ask Dave Chilson on this one.

Guys, Dave Chilson was very kind to call me back with the answer to this question.

The LOC participant can only win ONE prize. ;)

Now, with my 32# fish on board, I am telling myself to forget about Brown Trout. Also, forget about the lake trout, Of course, forget about the steelehead. Note to myself "Think about the Kings!".

Good luck and safe fishing everybody! :clap:

What we do in that situation is you dont reel in another fish until your fish on the board slips off... Sucks but thats the best way. Good Luck!!

You mean the person who has the fish on the board.Not the other people on the boat.Right? Yuk. Yuk.

What we do in that situation is you dont reel in another fish until your fish on the board slips off... Sucks but thats the best way. Good Luck!!

I'm with tall tails here, i got one on the board, know i just reel slack line and pass the rod off to whom ever is not on the bourd and hope for the best.