Sandy Creek 7/27 pm-good fishing, bad luck, good friends!

Got set up at 3:00 pm with good temp and good marks and bait inside. Pulled these 2 good kings, 2 smaller kings, a laker and a brown by 6pm(wasted 45 minutes going too far west). Fish came 68-90 ft down on mag wart frog, nbk and purple pounder. The one wire fish(2nd pic) was 280 out on a 2 with grn hologram spinny and the SUPER SWEET looking A-TOM-MIK pro am fly!

fish038-1.jpg

fish040.jpg

At 6pm after doubling up and re-setting(on autopilot) I grabbed the wheel to turn and realized the steering was seriously limp :o . After playing with it for a minute I realized I was not going to be able to continue the productive trip and called on a GREAT friend, Capt. Jason Franz of Trout-N-About. Jay was getting ready for dinner with his wife and parents but immediately dropped what he was doing to tow me in. He showed up with hid dad and Capt. Jerry Felluca of Rebel. I got razzed a little and we were on our way in. Cable and internal components were working so now the boat is on the trailer( ;( ) awaiting a more thorough inspection from Tom Barbera(thanks Tom!). Although I am bummed at the boat being out of comission for a while I could not have asked for a better rescue! Thanks so much to Jay, his dad, Jerry and my brother Jon for getting there so quick with the trailer!! Much appreciated guys!!

Tank. Nice fish. Too bad you had to end early. I know I am "a day late and a dollar short" but We were near you when we saw you being towed in. We certainly would have helped you out if you were in a pinch. I am sure a call on the radio would have brought multiple boats to help out. Hopefully you can get back in the water soon.

Lou

GTN

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Gland to hear things worked out.... seems like they always do out of that port......Sandy is, without a doubt, the friendliestly place on the lake..... I can't tell you how many times other fishermen have checked on me and my "crew" before running in late in the evening........ It's a great feeling to know that you're on both ends of the safety net....

as with everyone else , glad you made it in safe , nice fish. if you want to go fishing jus let my father or myself know , get ya out there if you want we fish every fri, and a few times turning the week, you were a good neighbor when you were living next door to us, if there 's anything we could do for you let us know, can't fix the boat though. talk to ya.

Thanks again guys, I couldnt agree more! Good people out of Sandy! And no on the radio Jeremy, big time :$, I am a sucker for a good deal. Ill get it in now! Hey Nick, good to see you and your dad out there bud! Thanks for the offer! I MAY have to take you up on that if the repair goes slow? Much appreciated! And Gator back to you- I actually yelled to Jay that I was gonna drop the riggers...I should have :lol: . Tank

What did Jerry go out there for? Did you say you were gonna buy pizza for helping :lol:

Glad you made it back OK! I would hope that anybody else in that situation at any port on the big O would be able to get some friendly help :clap: