can someone help me please

want to troll for salmon at mouth of Salmon River in Pulaski NY. We have 21ft Bayliner Trophy w/twin Penn 630s and a slide-in pu camper. Like to know where to camp, where to launch, estimated best time to come, suggested old standby lures to troll David

Welcome to the site Husky. Looks like a lot of others are looking for the same info. I'd help ya if I could but I don't fish that area. I'd suggest you look back a dozen pages or so in the fish report section to see what was happening last year up there.

Good luck,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

We used to stay at the Yogi Bear campground in mexico and launch out of Mexico st. park. I haven't fished there in quite a few years, so I'm not sure how much the area may have changed.

Old standby lures....

pop a green frog spin doctor with a seaweed green fly down 100'.

pop a green dolphin down 80'.

Fish between 100-200fow.

Obviously both of these things can change depending on weather, current, yada yada... but it's a good starting point.

Nick

I stay at Dowie Dale campground in mexico there # is 315 963 7895 they have sites and a marina with launch prices very reasonable and you leave the dock your on the lake quicker than leaving the state lauch.Right now its a brown trout bite with a few kings off the plant in deep water good luck

• 2 weeks later...
We used to stay at the Yogi Bear campground in mexico and launch out of Mexico st. park. I haven't fished there in quite a few years, so I'm not sure how much the area may have changed.

Old standby lures....

pop a green frog spin doctor with a seaweed green fly down 100'.

pop a green dolphin down 80'.

Fish between 100-200fow.

Obviously both of these things can change depending on weather, current, yada yada... but it's a good starting point.

Nick

Thanks Nick for taking the time to help me. David

Bears Sleepy Hollow campground. Its right on the grindstone creek outlet. I used to camp there all the time with a pickup camper and my boat. http://www.bearssleepyhollow.us/grindst ... creek.html

Go further north on rte 3 and I think you can launch at Pine Grove...just a stone throw from the campground on the left going north. Not sure of the facility anymore, have not been there in years, but the launch was gravel into the Salmon river estuary 3 boats wide.

Troll the mouth and out to 100 Fow anytime early morning before dawn between grindstone and the river. Use glow spoons and J-plugs during Sept. By the second week of Oct the fish are entering the mouth and running the river pretty heavy anytime after that.

Mark