Back from Fishing Alaska

Just got back from a great week in Alaska, with my parents wife and two of my daughters. I got some good info from guys on the Forum that hellped with the trip. Thought I would post some pics and info for anyone else that is looking to go. It was our first time and I am already planning the next trip. We fished in Seward, Homer, and Kenai. The first pictures are in Seward we caught black bass and silvers.

IMG_5768.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

These Pics are From Homer, the eagle was on the beach where we were staying. We fished for Halibut, Ling Cod, and Yellow Eye. We limited out on some monster fish my dads halibut hit 170lbs, and the ling cod were huge. It was only the third day all summer with good weather that the charter fleet could run over 60 miles to where the big guys live.

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5845.jpg

IMG_5847-1.jpg

IMG_5855.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

We had so many fish on the boat I took my turn at filleting them out for the Capt, I now have 150lbs of fish in the freezer.

IMG_5879.jpg

We fished the Kenai for 1/2 a day and caught some pink salmon and had a good king hit. Out of the three hundred boats I could see on the river I think we saw four kings caught. We missed the run but it was still a great time. This last pic is on the Kenai.

IMG_5947.jpg

ahh so ya dumped the wifes clothes and repacked her bags smart move ........till ya got home :lol: , ant no doubt thats your dad ,good for you two to share a common bond and to USE IT.... I do make a very good luggage carrier next trip ,and could bring a big suitcase ,ill just pack my birthday suit and thongs in a carry on bag(just not during bear season) ....

Thank you , (fur ,,,for what you do!)