I love watching young guys, teen agers, walk to a pool with shorts and sneakers, a cheap pole and a pocket of hooks, yarn and sinkers. They seem to catch more fish than do the guys dressed from an Orvis cateloge with the best rod and reel and a vest full of expensive tackle. Skill comes in many forms. You can learn to catch samon and trout but, you can't buy the skill.

OK Bait Boys,

Here is my elitist report for today from your US Coast Guard Certified Captain Scott. I hope it doesn't spoil your bait. Webster NY area beaches are hosting some fish. Mostly Brown Trout and Steelhead. One Salmon spotted at Bear Creek. Pultneyville had a few Steelhead this past week as well. Mostly Cleos in various colors. The obvious is the water is still warm and the creeks are low yet. Plenty of small baits around rocks and jetty piers. Every day gets alittle better. Most reports are coming from the Genessee River area and Salmon River (Pulaski NY) were I grew up.

Just remember; while you are at work,.... I am fishing every day. Practice catch and release or you can eat PCB's and Mercury until you grow fins and a third eye. Really. :beer:

Nice Report Scott. It would appear as though you have survived your initiation hazing....welcome to the LOU brotherhood :D

It may be slightly barbaric, but this screening process ensures that we are supplied with LOU worthy red-blooded tough guys and not taken over by a bunch of mamma's boys 8)

Hey...At least we don't ask you to drink urine, clip clothespins on your nipples and spank you mercilessly :rofl:

:beer::beer::beer:

Nice Report Scott. It would appear as though you have survived your initiation hazing....welcome to the LOU brotherhood :D

It may be slightly barbaric, but this screening process ensures that we are supplied with LOU worthy red-blooded tough guys and not taken over by a bunch of mamma's boys 8)

Hey...At least we don't ask you to drink urine, clip clothespins on your nipples and spank you mercilessly :rofl:

Hey wait a minute, I had to do all those things before I was allowed to post here!!!!! :o

Hey wait a minute, I had to do all those things before I was allowed to post here!!!!!

Ahhh yes, the good old days before the politically correct killjoy thought police toppled our noble traditions. They have stripped us of all our dudeism and awesomely important traditions for reaffirming how radically macho we are. Can you believe that nowadays, having a bro funnel a whole sixer at once is actually frowned upon :o

I did those things also.Of course I did it before I was told to.Liked all but the urine. :D

So thats what happened to you Rod. I guess being my size dose have some advantages!!!! :yes:;):lol::clap:

Ray there is no explaintion as to what caused your condition. Mine was long arms and fast reflexes at the dinner table!!! hmmmm didn't blinky the fish on the simpson's have three eyes? maybe thats why we don't catch them over by 9mi. pt. Are three eyes really better that two???

WHAT?? That was urine? They told me at BNI that it was unsweetened cool aid. I guess there was a little wang in there. As far as the clothespins I did not have any and have been forced to substitute with document sping clips (they not only sting but they flatten your nipples to the point that you cannot go shirtless without pointing and derisive comments made behind hands over mouth. A couple of times at the dock I have even seen grown men point and fall to the deck wetting themselves as they laugh hysterically. Come to think of it maybe that is where the urine comes from. I have to date not received any "official" spankings but I have had my azz kicked a couple of times so maybe that counts. Welcome Captain Scott. Back in the day (more than 40 years ago I tied flies commercially for Orvis. That was before the John Harder era and the "domestic" flies tied in Kenya and Sri Lanka materials cost true domestic tiers more than the imports cost Orvis of course they forced tiers to purchase "suitable" materials from them at retail then required that we accept a wholesale price for our products). Pretty much soured me on Orvis since then.

Crap I got my capt lic. from capt.crunch cereal , Now i find out the coast guard is involved...hey isnt their a coast guard soap?

Rod its been 3 years when can i remove the clothpins ?

Still waiting for that 3rd spankin tho :mooning::lol:

:yes::yes::rofl::rofl:

If you have some useful info to post put it up. Otherwise keep quiet. Why waste time with a worthless report. Go brag someplace else. An Orvis endorsed Guide? Wow that certainly impresses me. At least you caught one. You certainly impressed me Capt. Scott with that informative post. Anyone buying anything "Orvis" these days has more money than brains. What was once a Great Name in fishing gear has been outsourced to Asia and it's cheap Asian junk these days bearing the Orvis name. Just another once great American Company that has sold it's name to the Chinese.

Hey AJA no need to hold back on this site ,Tell us how you really are opps i mean feel.

Gees maybe CAPT.Scott is new and a little excited about his new Capt. lic. and rod someday he'll be posting with the greatest of us ,,,well like you and me..

so keep the reports commin as we all need a little help. SOME more than others.

Geese on a sunday too.

If you have some useful info to post put it up. Otherwise keep quiet. Why waste time with a worthless report. Go brag someplace else. An Orvis endorsed Guide? Wow that certainly impresses me. At least you caught one. You certainly impressed me Capt. Scott with that informative post. Anyone buying anything "Orvis" these days has more money than brains. What was once a Great Name in fishing gear has been outsourced to Asia and it's cheap Asian junk these days bearing the Orvis name. Just another once great American Company that has sold it's name to the Chinese.

Read my previous post Orvis "sold out " a long time ago once fly fishing became a yuppie sport. They were importing flies tied in Kenya and Sri Lanka and labeling them as "domestic" (which at the time they could do as long as the materials originated in the US. Shame too because we tied wonderful and durable flies for them and I was proud to be associated with them. Again once upon a time

Jim

wow guys.. no need to argue, we're all fisherman... i choose to fly fish, and only fly fish but theres nothing wrong with using a spinner rod... and id hate to tell any of you but it all depends on the day, some days a fly fisherman will smoke the **** outta anyone with a spinner rod.. and some days its the opposite way around.. and guess what, its not up to the fisherman to decide what the fish want to eat.. its all them.. i mean hell, ive been fishing in the pulaski area for 25 years now (and every where else for that matter) and ive seen it go both ways too many times to be able to say which is better... its all personal preferance..

Read my previous post Orvis "sold out " a long time ago once fly fishing became a yuppie sport. They were importing flies tied in Kenya and Sri Lanka and labeling them as "domestic" (which at the time they could do as long as the materials originated in the US. Shame too because we tied wonderful and durable flies for them and I was proud to be associated with them. Again once upon a time

Jim

Any time I see anyone "Fly Fishing" loaded with "Orvis Gear" I have to giggle. It certainly is expensive crap. The are at least two New York Companies that make Fly gear far superior to the Orvis stuff. Maybe when Wulff was fishing it was something to have. These days if you can buy it you certainly have more money than brains and very little experience on the water.

temple fork outfiters makes a phenominal rod for the money! id put mine up against any rod any day... my other favorite is my diamondback.. made right here in vt.. i LOVE that rod.. unfortunitely i think you guys may be being a lil hard on good old orvis lol.. il admit that they are over priced but some of there gear is decent.. i dont own any lol, but my dad does..oh wait, shoot, my dad is an idiot when it comes to fishing, oookkkk wait, my brother has a ton of orvis stuff... ahhhh well that doesnt help either, hes an idot too..well everyone ive ever guided used orvis everything, but ahhhh dammmit, they all needed a guide so they couldnt be that expierianced either lol.. ok, orvis sucks. but here in vt we pick on ll bean people, we call them beaners....