Want to video your hunt for 20 bucks???

salmonite

saw this thread on archerytalk and thought it was pretty awesome... its a key fob camera bout the size of a half dollar. weighs very little and you can velcro to your stabalizer.

Pretty slick!! :yes:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1338276

i ordered mine from

http://www.themicrocamera.com/

camera was 20 bucks and then adding a memory card, velcro and shipping you are up to 30 bucks for the opportunity at videoing the buck of a lifetime with little to no effort!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I also want a couple for my new custom top plat form PLANER BOARDS sent out only 20-30 feet (calm water only) That would give GREAT boat action film footage from what ever angle/height camera was set on planer board. AGAIN SHHHHHHHHHHH Salmonite.

Jerry

just got mine, works good ..only one problem :( it has the wrong time date stamp on images. tried the TAG.txt file created and saved to the root of the camera driver like the web site suggested but cannot get it to display the right time date stamp. Any body else have this problem and did you solve it?...not a big deal but would be nice to have correct time stamp.

Mark

i bought two of these. both csmeras work however there is no rhyme or reason to how long they record for. sometimes it will record for 14 seconds sometimes 14 minutes. I asked the company and they told me to try the reset button. i did and no change. anyone else have a similar issue?

OK, here is how I finally got the time date stamp to load properly.

1. Be sure the camera is charged up. and connected to the computer with the USB cord.

2. go to the microcamera site http://www.themicrocamera.com/pages/Set ... -Date.html

.....click on the TAG.txt download.

..... it gives you a YYYY, MM, DD, HH, MM, and ss

3. select all the text by highlighting it and then right click to copy.

4. Go to your notepad program in the program files open a new note.

then paste (right click) on the new note.

5. then simply change the text copied to the new note to the correct time and date plus a few minutes to give you time to do the rest of the operation.

6. Now under file choose "SAVE AS" then type TAG.txt in the file name line. The other line will choose where in your computer

7. Go to "computer" to see the disk files and hardware connected to your computer. Choose the drive that is the microcamera (Drive "G" on my computer could be different on others depending on hardware connected at the time) just locate the correct drive and open it.

8. now in the field under the DCIM files you should see the new text file you created under that.

9. Now close all the windows associated with TAG file creation and the window showing the computer drives.

10. Go into your tray at the bottom right corner of your screen click on the icon to safely remove harware and it should say "ok to remove hardware". and disconnect the camera from the USB port.

11. shut off the camera and then turn it back on.

12. now take a picture or video and plug the camera back into the USB. a window appears and chose open files. click on the DCIM to view the picture. double click on the picture file to open it and see if the date matches your TAG file you modified.

If you give yourself enough "future" time in the text file, for all this to go thru, you should have a close match to actual time when you turn on the camera. Just be sure to turn on the camera at the same time you adjusted the text to.

I know this sounds complicated, but works if you do this just this way. I was trying to copy and paste the file to the wrong part of the root by manually selecting the sd card files....don't do that....I was going crazy and then got brain lock causing even more frustration.

Also the video will open and play with Quicktime player if you have trouble getting video to start with media player.

Hope this helps if you have the date stamp issue as I did.

Mark