Species Breakdown: kings & lakers

Hot Lure: NK28 in 42 second and mountain dew s/d a-tom-ik frenchy fly

Trolling Speed: 2.4 to 2.6

Down Speed: same as boat (water speed pass ball unknown) :lol:

Boat Depth: 140 - 160 productive....300 just looking

Lure Depth: 55 rigger and 180 diver hottest

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Got a late start due to some hitch issues. My truck in the shop and still working on it when friend Art calls me and wants to try the big lake for the first time. Well he says he can bring his truck and haul the boat, and so here it comes in the driveway....a dump truck...with a combo pintle and receiver hitch. He had a hitch with three different sizes, but when we tried to flip it to the 2 inch size there was some clearance issues with the pintle hook. So a little modification with the hot wrench (cutting torch) we slid a 1/8 inch sliver off the top of the hook and we are in business.

Now to fishing...we set up in 200 feet just east of port with a simple 2 rigger and 2 diver set. Riggers with spoons and divers with pro troll and spinny pulling A-Tom-ik flies. Riggers at 55 and 65 ft, braid divers on 2.5 settings out 150 and 180.

Trolled south east into 120 fow and started marking fish. Zigged between 140 out to 160 to the glass house where we found the kings in a nice surface break loaded with debris. Hot spoon for the kings was the 42 second on the 55 rigger. Lakers were scattered along the way, they wanted the spinney with the frenchy fly. The bite was short only about the first 2 hours was good for us but if we could have started earlier in the day I'm sure it would have been much better. Lots of bait hanging in the 60 to 90 foot depths. Checked out the 300 foot depths and was not a good screen there yet.

Ended up with 4 in the boat one Laker lost at the back one skipper put back and a couple good grabs but no hookup.

Art wanted to try a lake trout on the grill so we kept a 10 lber and the three kings ranging from 10 lbs to 14. No big screamers , but some good fighters and airials from kings was different. Art was happy, and wants to do it again,...another one hooked :lol:

Mark

IMAG0633.jpg

upload gif

====================

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I can almost picture you two.. "cut that $#!$ and lets go fishin!" lol. Nice report good to see some kings headed eastward!

Holy crap!...It's like you were there :rofl:..I'm just glad it was his decision and not mine. Not to mention I learned the value of a good working emergency brake on a steep ramp and a standard tranny when I loaded the boat. Almost a picture moment...but mostly bunghole tightening ..WHEW!

Ray, I'll take ya fishin for fathers day, can ya bring yer hitch, the one attached to yer van? ya know I really did think about it with the KW, but I got too much attention when I did that once already.....from the Sheriff... oops.