any chance of any fishing off shore

Fishing Report .....would rather try for teen kings or mid sized steelies then to get in the middle of all the fall time snaggers n dead spawning salmon fishers any advice asd to any offshore fishing before I winterize boat for hunting season gonna be great weekend???

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

Time on Water:

Weather/Temp:

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits:

Total Boated:

Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

From what I've read here (haven't tried myself), fishing offshore now is similar to spring fishing for browns. Fish the temp, looking for bait in say 40 to 60 fow. flatlining, riggers and boards all effective depending on day but spoon colors better darker due to salmon color change. can catch steel, browns & occasional salmon.

Blue zone meaning realy deep I herd they explore out deep this time of yr... Or like spring do u mean start in100 fow n just put then down 40 60? Thanks figure if I just enjoy the sun dur last time thats a plus but would like to boat a couple fish n if its calm like its gona ill cruise to canada for a couple nice fresh fish

Troll in front of the major tribs. Everything is there this time of year. Mature spawning pacifics as well as jacks that follow the run. Browns are there as well as steelhead that are following the egg leakers. Troll plugs small spoons like the spring. If you run offshore you need to look for temp breaks that are holding bait and there you might find steelhead or small kings. Fish the depth of the bait that shows up. If no bait showing on the screen fish the upper 20 feet of the water column on a nice sunny day and you might find the steelhead holding near the surface. Planner board or dipsy stuff way out to the side of the boat.

Mark

The little info I find suggests shallow, 20 fow out to 60 fow (looking for bait), early am or late afternoon best. Some guys were doing well just parking it and casting spoons off the river mouths. I've got one friend having the time of his life out in his kayak at sundown. Whatever you do, have fun and let us know how it goes.

Just got back from fishing Olcott. TONS of bait and hooks out 350' and deeper down deep. Thermocline is at 115' down!!!!! which is typically down 72' this time of year. All the east winds blew warm water in from the east end. We were catching steelhead and small kings down 115-125' down with flashers and flies. Mag dispsys out 400' and 450' back on wire, and caught one on a 400' copper. Be prepared to fish deep.

Just got back from fishing Olcott. TONS of bait and hooks out 350' and deeper down deep. Thermocline is at 115' down!!!!! which is typically down 72' this time of year. All the east winds blew warm water in from the east end. We were catching steelhead and small kings down 115-125' down with flashers and flies. Mag dispsys out 400' and 450' back on wire, and caught one on a 400' copper. Be prepared to fish deep.

Chad, did you look inside at all or did you blast right offshore? We're heading out in the morning and I'm gonna play around in 150-200 before running out. We should have some steel and teenagers in that water this time of year. What was the surface temp.

Tim

NOAA is wrong on the temp. 61-62 degrees all the way down to 112'. Did not poke around inside. I set down on 320' and was into a good picture right away....straight out. Steelhead at 120' down......what is this world coming to?

saw alot of fish jumping all around genny pier yesterday afternoon and night, inside channel and on lake side. tried casting off summerville pier and had 5 hits inside channel, but nothing hooked more than a few seconds. gonna try flat lines off boat all around genny tomorrow working 5' to 15' down, offering something for salmon and something for trout and see what happens. fish are always there when i am there, but i cant make em bite lately no matter what time of day or conditions. im thinking some calm water and sun will help attract fish to my lures this weekend. muddy water like its been last week makes it more like finding needle in a hay stack. im thinking tomorrow should be good