Little Dog meets tha Big DOG

Lund SSS

Dear Lund SSS,

Comgrats. on a fine shot with open sights! On an ever moving target that is smarter then any other critter in my book. I'll also bet that this coyote suffered loss of hearing just before he died!!( FROM THE MUZZLE BLAST OF THAT S&W HAND CANNON!! Respectfully submitted......EX-Jet Boat Bill

The bullet hit right at the base of the head and it almost cut her in half these Barnes Expander bullets are no joke. The doe I shot last week had a 2" hole at the exit. The coyote turned into a moving ball of fur :rofl::rofl::rofl: . Time to break out the smoke pole and finish out the season with NO tags left.

Lund SSS,

Just out of curiosity, what is the effective range of that 460 mag if you have a good rest?

The the ballistics of this gun are amazing. If you site in at 100 yards the bullet drop is only 4" at 200 with a 200 grain Hornady XTP. I shoot a heavier round because there's no way with open sites I would shoot that far. I'm shooting a 275 grain Barnes Expander that comes out of the muzzle @ 2300 fps and generating almost 2000 ft/lbs of kinetic energy. As far as a good rest, you'd be hard pressed to "free hand" this thing it weighs 5.5 pounds. I've got a shooting stick with a "v" in it as well as a little strap that locks every thing in place.

The S&W 500 is the same X frame design just a "C" hair bigger in bore. Nice part about the 460 is it shoots 45 colt, 454 Casull, and the 460 Mag, cartridges