this is probablt illegal

There are plenty of local guys who are legit charter captains. I know many of them personally. When some fly by night wanna be wants to cut corners on credentials, who knows what other corners they cut. And if they don't know what the heck they are doing, it makes for unhappy clients who will b less willing to come back to this area for charters.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks Dave.

Mower, I agree!

I spoke with this guy on the phone about his DONATIONS. I asked him how he got into CHARTERING. He stated that he was not a captain. Was just looking to make a buck, just like the rest of us. But, when someone like that does somethign like this, It will make things worse for ALL of us in the future. Mower Thanks.

So a guy runs an add " Tooth extractions 10 dollar donation " would you go to him. The rules are in place for a reason and these are the things that set us apart from third world nations that have no rules. These same rules protect this guy as well. Lets say he took someone out for instruction and the client or student as you would say has a fish spit the hook and the hook puts the clients eye out. Lawyers would have a hay day with that and the kid who just wanted to make a buck would stand to lose everything. It takes many qualitys to be a good charter captain . Safety comes first!

That was my thing... to make a little money this guy is putting his entire life on the line.... Some scam artist could hired him and chop his finger off and take everything from this guy and use that add directly against him

Also, He stated he did not have a DBA. He couldnt afford it. He doesnt even know he needs a USCG License...

I dont remember exactly how much it was to file my dba but i think it was only $20. Dont forget about the pv license with your nys guide license if your gonna guide on the fingers not requiring the oupv license. Insurance is something i would never leave the dock without and thats alot more than twenty bucks.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png