fluro leader and spinnys

I have been running 30lb big game main line to keep the fleas off. I run a 6' section of 30lb fluro at the end to the spinny to be safe. does anybody else do this or do you just run your main line to the spinny?? Just curious to see what everyone else does.

ok Im new... Just getting started. Oh and Im not a charter boat. Just recreational but trolled ALOT in the ocean, so this may be a dumb question... 30lb test keeps off fleas? and Im just getting started so please forgive me, but what is a flea and do they screw up your line?. or is it just that when you real it in it cloges up like the dogwood fluff..

ok Im new... Just getting started. Oh and Im not a charter boat. Just recreational but trolled ALOT in the ocean, so this may be a dumb question... 30lb test keeps off fleas? and Im just getting started so please forgive me, but what is a flea and do they screw up your line?. or is it just that when you real it in it cloges up like the dogwood fluff..

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/invasives/aq ... index.html

They seem to have a hard time sticking to the bigger line. 30lb big game works good.......not perfect but makes it so you can deal with them. I was curious if others run the big line straight to the spinnys or use a fluro leader. i fear that some of the kings who have been exposed to fishing pressure may shy away from the big line. BUT looks like I was wrong. Which makes me happy because now I don't have to spend big bucks on fluro line!! :):clap:

They seem to have a hard time sticking to the bigger line. 30lb big game works good.......not perfect but makes it so you can deal with them. I was curious if others run the big line straight to the spinnys or use a fluro leader. i fear that some of the kings who have been exposed to fishing pressure may shy away from the big line. BUT looks like I was wrong. Which makes me happy because now I don't have to spend big bucks on fluro line!! :):clap:

you can always use that fluo coated p line crap.... I use it as a leader... not as good as pure fluro but its cheap

You don't need florocarbon for flashers, you could run bailing wire to the flashers and they will hit it -- flashers and flys are not a stealth program.

Well said. If its a straight spoon then I run 10' of flouro with a 5# less break strength than the mainline. That way if I break off I dont lose all the mono with it.

From your spinny or echip to your fly run 50lb flouro. Real flouro, not the cheap stuff. Its stiff and gives better whip. Also try and store your fly leaders straight as possible. Wrapping them around the spinny put kinks in it. People say it doesnt matter, but it does.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png