Hot Lure: White green dot SD with Hammer and NK SSW Mag

Trolling Speed: 3.0

Down Speed: 2.5-2.7

Boat Depth: 90-130

Lure Depth: 55-70

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Dad and I were on the water at 5:45am and setting lines at 6 once we ran ou to 90FOW. I set the port rigger down 70 with an NK SSW MAG. I just set the line into the release on the starboard rigger and I hear my dad yell "fish on!" i ran and grabbed the rod, holding it while drag was ripping, i asked if he wanted the fist fish. he turned it down, which paid off for him later on...Thankfully there wasnt any other rods down, just the one line dragging at the surface...This king ripped out to 300' and then went slack! He charged the boat as fast as he screamed away. i cranked down as fast as i could and was able to get back down onto him while he was up on the surface...but infront of the boat! a few quick maneuvers by Dad at the wheel had the fish back behind the boat. a Few more minutes of wrestling around the stern and he hit the deck. My personal best so far, as were still new to Lake O fishing...23lbs on our scale. after a few pictures i got back to setting lines. Both riggers set, now time for the wire divers. The port side was set out 250' on a 2 1/2 setting with a white/green dot SD and a hammer fly. i just picked up the other diver rod and the drag was SCREAMING on the first, and i hear my dad say "Thats mine!! THATS MINE!" by the time he left the wheel and grabbed the rod, the fish had reached 400'. I cleared the 2 riggers out of the way while trying to keep control of the boat as well. This king wanted nothing to do with the boat. 15 minutes after the initial run, he was with in 30' of the boat, on the surface, then...seeya...back out to 250'. Another 15 minutes later and both Dad and the fish were tired out...a half hour after the initial run, dads 26.8lb king was in he boat! After pictures and a 5 minute assisted swim along side of the boat, the king kicked away to be caught another day. This all happened in the first hour! We would go on and lose 1 more king and boat 4 Bows, all in the 4-5lb range. All in all, this was one of the best trips my father and I have had together and will remember for a long, long time!

th_july15.jpg?t=1342388198

th_july15king.jpg

th_july15king2.jpg?t=1342388234

There's rarely a time when we aren't together on the water, or in the woods....we just never expected action like that, right out of the gate, for a couple weekend warriors who mainly fish the fingerlakes..it was AWESOME! Thankfully this new boat can handle some stronger waves so we can put more time on lake O than we could with the old 16'

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png