RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 8/23-9/3

Nick,

Want me to search around town for that connector? I will be up Saturday afternoon and the rest off the weekend once the winds die down. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to sign the purchase offer for the "Green Dolphin II" :devil: I'm going to have to see if Arney's has a slip for me next year!

Also anyone know where to get a fuel pump for a 9.9 nissan kicker? Online place would be fine..

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Was looking around for a pump for mine as well. Not sure what year yours is, but Nissan & Tohatsu parts are the same, and this one fits my 2009 8HP Tohatsu. Any idea why we both are having problems with it? My guess is ethanol...? I think we can get just a diaphragm though and maybe a couple check valves and rebuild it.

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/tohat ... 000-4.html

Nick,

Want me to search around town for that connector? I will be up Saturday afternoon and the rest off the weekend once the winds die down. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to sign the purchase offer for the "Green Dolphin II" :devil: I'm going to have to see if Arney's has a slip for me next year!

Yeah if you come across a stainless rca male connector let me know! Good luck on closing, I want pics asap afterwards :)

Also anyone know where to get a fuel pump for a 9.9 nissan kicker? Online place would be fine..

Was looking around for a pump for mine as well. Not sure what year yours is, but Nissan & Tohatsu parts are the same, and this one fits my 2009 8HP Tohatsu. Any idea why we both are having problems with it? My guess is ethanol...? I think we can get just a diaphragm though and maybe a couple check valves and rebuild it.

Thanks skipper! Chaz from Indecisive sent me that link also, looks like it will work!

Has anyone installed a fuel pump before? Few screws and a couple of hoses or is it more than that?

Hey Nick try a wet rag around your antenna on your depth raider it works for me I zip toe it around it and put water on it when it fry's up seems to work well

Yea that trick worked for a while, but not for the past few weeks. I replaced the rca connector with a cheapo one from radio shack until I can find a stainless one.

With getting blown off the lake we needed something to do today.... someone told us about a winery in the Rochester area that had ice wine, so we packed up and headed to Casa Larga.

2012-08-31_13-01-41_0.jpg

The samples were $2.50 each and didnt count towards our purchase.

2012-08-31_13-02-22_567.jpg

They claimed to have the best ice wine in the world, it wasnt bad, but I didnt think it was as good as most of the places in Canada. Still a fun trip though.

The lake looks to be calming down now, might be fishable in the morning!

Thanks skipper! Chaz from Indecisive sent me that link also, looks like it will work!

Has anyone installed a fuel pump before? Few screws and a couple of hoses or is it more than that?

I have done a few,... exactly a few screws and a couple clamps not rocket science. It should come with a new screen(filter) just do not over tighten every thing, snug is good and check all the screws after a troll.

Getting ready to eat dinner at Duffs and see mint tooth picks...do you think the salmon have a preference on what we stick cut bait with?

Mint has a pretty strong smell, my guess is it would deter them, but would be neat to try!

I know my johnso has 4 screws 2 hold pump together 2 on opposite corners attach it to motor not sure on yours just a thought to look for.

Looks about the same on mine, looks so easy maybe even this caveman could do it :P

That fuel pump is on the back of the motor, cant miss it.

Might as well throw a fuel filter on it too, its just upstream left side of motor.

Troll Pro housing looking very stealthy!

I'll have to look for the fuel filter. If I remember correctly my last kicker it was a sma white cylinder.

Next question is can I change it all while it's tilted up on the swim platform? I'll need to change the oil also since it's full of gas. If not, ill have to wait until I pull the boat, but then wont be able to see if it works until next spring :(

Thanks for all the updates guys. My dad is here from PA. Trying to get him out today and tomorrow. Hopefully it will lay down enough for the afternoon. We will be heading out of Hughes, if there is enough water to get the boat off the trailer.

Good luck to everyone out there today. Tom