Canandaigua 9/13/2012 Liam's first trolling mission

I had to fuel up the boat, so with the Reel Hooked Up Fly retied and all the necessary accoutrements for bringing Liam trolling for the first time I loaded up the bike trailer and headed down to the marina. I put the bike trailer/baby jogger in the boat so I had a place to put Liam when I needed to keep him him safe. We hit the fuel dock at German Bros. and looked at boats and we saw my friend Lynn of LC Boat Repair while they fueled up the Brown How'ND. I cruised back to the spot I lost the monster on Sunday and just ran the 300' copper with the green Church Revelator and Big Weenie Reel Hooked Up Fly. I had to keep it simple with a 16 month old on board. I knew I could get a bite with my favorite set up and my favorite buddy as my good luck charm. We made a few passes south then east and back west finally pointing her north in around 217 FOW the screen was amazing, a solid thermalcline was evident at 57-60 FOW, check the sonar pictures. Then the copper reel began to sing, Liam, FISH ON! I put Liam in the bike trailer while I turned on the video camera and grabbed the rod to film the historic event of his first fishing adventure. I didn't get very many turns around the reel, maybe a minute, check the video, when just like the last two weekends, fish off. After all the excitement and nap time passed the little guy was sleepy and Liam fell asleep in my arms in the Baby Bjorn. I put him down in the cuddy cabin to nap. I continued to fish a little longer, but figuring I should take advantage of his nap to bring the rod in and take a quick dip in the lake to cool off. I even made it back to the slip and docked the boat and rigged the bike trailer back up before he woke up. What a way to spend the afternoon, I can't even begin to tell you how awesome it was to fish with Liam, just the two of us.

100_4913.jpg

100_4923.jpg

100_4924.jpg

100_4927.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

Copper Rod fires

Liam sleeping on the way back to the dock

You'll never be sorry you took the time to do it right.....I introduced my son to Seneca at 2 years and he is now 33 and we have fished the entire time together... trout/salmon derbys, ice fishing, bullheads, crappies and all the boat stuff and he is now even more hard core than me (if thats possible). Sk8man