been in the market for a new boat the past few weeks. I've looked at everything from Bayliners, penn yans, thompsons, and starcrafts all in the 21 to 22' range. Just had a 19 footer pop up on my radar but im unsure of it because of the length. Question is would it be worth it to purchase a 19 footer or should i stay in the 20's. Also how big of waves would you venture out in a 19 footer?

I had a 21ft fiberglass to fish the big lake and I ultimately was not satisfied because I felt trailering it was horrible and was not resourceful for smaller bodies of water or rivers. When it's crappy on the water it's crappy no matter what unless your boats 25ft+. I now have a 19ft sea nymph and love it, not too big not too small. I'll never get a new boat now just maybe a new motor lol

image.jpg

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I fished a 19.5 ft sea nymph on Lake Erie and Lake Ontario for the past couple years and never really felt un safe, a couple times uncomfortable (5 -6 footers). Pick your days and watch the weather reports and you'll do fine in a 19ft.

Bought a bigger boat just for the cuddy and added space for more people, but wish I still had the 19.5, it was a great all around boat that fished any body of water I wanted to fish and was very easy on fuel.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 23' fiberglass and handles the big water awesome! Fiberglass will have a much nicer ride than a aluminum. Take a look at nick's boat in the classifieds. Nice lOoking grady.

[ Post made via iPod ] iPod.png

• 2 weeks later...
I had a 21ft fiberglass to fish the big lake and I ultimately was not satisfied because I felt trailering it was horrible and was not resourceful for smaller bodies of water or rivers. When it's crappy on the water it's crappy no matter what unless your boats 25ft+. I now have a 19ft sea nymph and love it, not too big not too small. I'll never get a new boat now just maybe a new motor lol

image.jpg

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I agree 100%. I am looking into a smaller boat for around home on the smaller lakes. But most of my time is spent on the big O so it doesn't have to be something special. If you are planning on being on the big O a lot then go with the larger boat, you won't regret it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 21' fishmaster and like it. As stated above the 19' version handles everything just fine. Even my 21' boat trailers real easy when by myself. Part of what makes it easy is the wight, the other is the trailmaser vanguard trailer that came with the boat.

you miight also want to look at Hewescraft, real nice lookin boats.