Line selection

tlr426

I have been running 20lb flea flick and it seems to work well. But I have noticed alot of people talking about 30lb mono and the fleas wont stick to it. Am I miss understanding this or will fleas not stick to this heavier mono? Just wondering becaue i am getting ready to spool up my new real and I am open to try something different

I run 30# berkley big game, They still stick to it but not bad, I also run a 15# floro leader off that. Guys on here run all kinds of different stuff, They'll chime in. I do it because the berkley is cheaper and i don't think the cortland flea flicker stays in the releases that good, Because of the triangle design.

I run 30lb Flea Flicker for the main line with a 20lb floro leader attached by a barrel swivel. I've not had any problems with this set, but check the floro for abrasions after each fish and replace if any weakness is present. Pay attention to knots. Also, remember to set the reel drag for the 20 lb leader not the 30 lb main line.

Not sure if Vanish is true floro line. There is a difference between floro leader and floro line. Leader is more expensive, but i believe it works better than floro line and has more abrasion resistion. It seems to be a little stiffer also.

Contacted berkely about the different fluorocarbons. Take it whatever way you want.

Thank you for contacting us. Below I have defined the difference between the three lines you asked inquiries about. Hope this information is helpful.

*Vanish*

The most flexible, easiest casting fluorocarbon. 100% fluorocarbon has a similar refractive index to water, so fish can't see it. Best Vanish formula ever, with 20% better shock strength, improved knot strength and easier to handle. Non-absorbing fluorocarbon maintains strength and abrasion resistance underwater.

*Vanish Leader*

Same as Vanish, but not as flexible or as easy to cast as the regular Vanish line.

*Big Game Fluorocarbon Leader*

100% fluorocarbon leader material. Maximum invisibility. Maximum durability and crimp strength. Tinted aqua blue to eliminate sparkle and flash.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any give time.

Best Regards,

Berkley Customer Service

gh