Seneca first day of Spring

Did a trip on Seneca yesterday, it was one cold day to be out on the Lake.  The group I had did great and they showed up dressed for the weather and never wanted to quit.  The fishing was the best we have had this year so far, it was non stop we had two to six fish on almost  all morning.  We had a full crew on so we ran a 18 rod spread of mostly wire divers and Blood Run copper rigs, and core off the boards; every rod took fish.  Later in the day about mid morning we switched over to the deep wire divers and riggers and crushed the lakers down 120 to 160 with flashers and flies.  Seneca ghost, pole dancer flies, as well as the king of sting spoon and others were all hot. 

Boards were all iced up!

IMG_9393_zps55f8a25f.jpg

A few of the rods

IMG_9391_zps5b274841.jpg

one of the Lakers

IMG_9390_zps37faa4d6.jpg

All boxed out

IMG_9394_zpsfc0c42ac.jpg

That must be one heck of a year class of landlocks down there too because they look like the bunch of "cookie-cutter" ones we got a couple months ago there. They're a lot of fun.

Sean, with that many lines out I assume you are running leadcore on the outside lines and copper on the inside lines?  When you have to reset an outside line that fires, does the leadcore slide over the copper without tangling easily?

i was wonderring how many feet out and what setting on yuo dipseys you were   running     i am new to dipsys and have wire   but no good chart out to depths needed       i am surprised that lakers are that deep i thoought that they would be shallower this time of year    i am new to this so any info would be great  thnx     

i was wonderring how many feet out and what setting on yuo dipseys you were   running     i am new to dipsys and have wire   but no good chart out to depths needed       i am surprised that lakers are that deep i thoought that they would be shallower this time of year    i am new to this so any info would be great  thnx     

You got info in a PM :)