Flies

someone mentioned buggspray so I got two bottles and tried them. they definitely worked. reapply every hour or two and the flies land on your ankles and take right off.It's not perfect but the results were at least75% better than without.hope this helps

On a hot/calm day there's not much you can do! Washing off any fish slime or sea flies helps. Buggspray helps (till you sweat it off), after 15 minutes. I spray listerene around and that helps. But nothing is full-proof unless you wear pants or thick socks. Imo

On a hot/calm day there's not much you can do! Washing off any fish slime or sea flies helps. Buggspray helps (till you sweat it off), after 15 minutes. I spray listerene around and that helps. But nothing is full-proof unless you wear pants or thick socks. Imo

I use ambush, it is fly spray for live stock you can get it at country max. I spray the entire boat down in the am. It has a fragrance to so does not smell to bad. It works awesome, haven't had fly problems in over a month.

Ambush has the same ingredients and warnings/dangers as Ultra Shield . This one even says on the label  "not for use on humans " .  These insecticides are toxic to fish and will get into the water from spraying on your boat .

Edited by chinook35

• 3 weeks later...

A spray with a high % of DEET works the best. Off only has 25 to 49 % there are other brands that have 98% . A little pricey 7 to 9 dollars for a small spray bottle. The more DEET higher price.