Braddocks Bay Monday 7-15

Nice sunrise this morning as I cleared the channel markers out of Bradocks. Dead calm water and overcast... a big plus as I expected things to get very hot and humid quiclkly today. Only had a few hours to play, so I set up inside and worked 80 to 140 in front of the bay... after the NE winds Sunday, some cooler water moved inshore. 

Ran 2 riggers cheated, and a wire diver. Ended up with 2 steelhead and a king, all  around 5 pounds, and all on a Stingray NBK cheated around 40 down. One rip on the wire, white Pro Troll with a home made "hammer" fly out 160' ao a #2 set.

Fish and bait on the screen all morning, changed baits up a number of times, as I had to pull lines every half hour anyway to clear fleas.  Nice moring to get out... Best thing about a flat lake and fishing solo.... my little tin boat can fly !!

I also met Tom B. ( LongLine ) from this board Saturday morning. After reading so many of his posts over the years ( and stealing his sunrise photos for my desk top )  It was nice to put a face with a name.  I hope we meet up again some time.

post-139500-0-09725200-1373918088_thumb.jpg

Edited by J.D.

Always love those photos of the boat underway ,rods looking all nice nice,and the sun coming up. Ive taking these photos a bunch of times my only problem is I dont know if its sunrises or sunsets.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was out there today as well......WTH with the fleas? Worst ive seen ever! The inside bite was much better.....23north to the 26.5 was a ghost town. If you guys go out anytime soon, i would suggest checking your lines every 10 minutes.....the fleas were sticking to the hooks.....makes for a long day with this heat....tight lines....Capt.Matt

Thought about spooling up with 40. The 30 big game seems to not be cutting it this year. I gotta couple rods with 30lb flea flicker I'm gonna try running Wednesday and see if it helps. If not gonna grab some blood run sea flee line.

The key is to catch alot of fish so the rods don't stay in the water long enough to collect fleas:) 30lb big game seems to do the trick. I like to check rods after 30-45min if they haven't fired which usually isn't long enough for any major amounts of fleas to collect. This makes it much easier to remove what is there and then reset. I spool all my reels halfway with 20lb test and then use a blood knot to tap in 15 lb test until the fleas show up and then I remove the 15lb and tap in 30lb. I also put a 10 ft leader of 15lb fluoro at the end.  

Edited by A-Lure-A

Well......Ive been fishing 30 Lb for years and this is the first time Ive ever seen the fleas stick to it. 30 Big game to be specific. When I checked the lures yesterday there was about 3 inches on fleas on the line....a wad of em on the swivel, and even fleas stick to the lure and hooks. I chopped off my leaders and ran straight 30 but it didn't matter.

I've got 1 rigger rod with 150ft of 30lb flea flicker and 1 with 20lb. Just came in from AM troll out of I-Bay and the fleas were everywhere but the FF. :swear:  The 20lb ties a smaller blood knot and runs thru the eyelets better than the 30lb you have small eyes like my rigger sticks. Just my opinion.

yeah guys, when posting the flea report, state what lb test mono u are using..scaring the hell out of me thinking that my 30lb mono is gonne be caked on